Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM on One client with ERP

jenny_slay
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

My Client is currently using SAP ECC MM for Procure to Payment process. We are currently evaluating option for implementing SRM 7.0 for web base procurement solution. As per the information available in www.service.sap.com, there is a software called u2018SAP SRM on one client with SAP ERPu2019 available at this moment. I have following doubts regarding SRM on one client system:

1. As I mention, currently we are using SAP ECC. Does the u2018SRM one client softwareu2019 component will install on the top of our

existing ECC system in the same server if we will implement SRM one client system ?

2. Normal SRM 7.0 connect to ECC through RFC connection. As SRM and ECC are on the same client. Does it mean we don't

required RFC connection for SRM one client system?

3. In one client SRM system, SRM can be install on the top of existing ECC system. Does it mean, additional hardware

components like server, network etc are not are not required for SRM one client system ? We can use the existing ECC server

and network for SRM.

Thanks in advance.

Regds,

Jennifer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravindra_mantri2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jeniifer,

I tried providing information to your queries below in bold. Hope it is of any help to you.

1. As I mention, currently we are using SAP ECC. Does the u2018SRM one client softwareu2019 component will install on the top of our

existing ECC system in the same server if we will implement SRM one client system ? - *Yes. SRM will get installed in the same server.*

2. Normal SRM 7.0 connect to ECC through RFC connection. As SRM and ECC are on the same client. Does it mean we don't

required RFC connection for SRM one client system? - RFC connection will still be required but since it's same client, the connectivity and data transfer will be very fast and quick.

3. In one client SRM system, SRM can be install on the top of existing ECC system. Does it mean, additional hardware

components like server, network etc are not are not required for SRM one client system ? We can use the existing ECC server

and network for SRM. - Yes you can use existing ECC server.

This SRM one client software will be very useful in case of a small industry or business, which does not have huge data or processing. But in case your organisation is bigger, then this will not be very useful.

To find out possibility of usage of SRM one client software, I would suggest you to get in touch with SAP sales team and they will arrange for a meet to discuss it further.

Cheers,

Ravi

jenny_slay
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks for reply.

Regards,

JB

Answers (0)