Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flash Island height issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have two views one view (main_view) contains an viewcontainer the other view is the flash island itself.

The viewcontainer will be used to hold the flash island.

This works fine the flash island loads probably.

But when I add elements to the main_view (like input fields,...) the flash islands doesn't show up. If you want to be able to see the flash islands you have to change the height of the flash islands view to a fixed value.

This is annoying because it will create scroll bars and we don't want to have it because the flash island already contains a scroll bar.

Is it possible to use a flash island with other elements and set the flash islands view height to 100% so it adapts to the screen resolution?

Regards,

Jonas

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same issue, I only get it to work with the "Flow Layout" I followed the steps you proposed but no luck.. I have solved this problem by sending the height of the browser window through the flash Islands. In flash you have a resize event. This event can be used to send the correct height so the content is displayed without scroll bars.

Is there no other way to achieve this? So you have two views one view contains the viewcontainer that holds the flash islands and the other view is the flash islands itself.. When you use "Flow Layout" it works .. And when you add WD elements the flash islands doesn't show up only when you set the height of the flash islands to a fixed value.. Any ideas why this behaviour occurs? And how to solve this?

Thx!

Jonas

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can get this to work, but it is a little tricky.

1) You must use Matrix Layout.

2) set both view containers' height to 100%

3) make sure that ALL surrounding containers, like the ROOTUIELEMENTCONTAINER have their height set to 100%

4) select "stretchedVertically"

5) Based upon your installation, you may need to set the application parameter WDSUPPORTSFULLHEIGHT to 2.

Regarding the what to set the width to, I have found that if I DO NOT set the viewcontainer which contains the Web DynPro components width property and I set the viewcontainer/FlashIsland's width to 100%, it displays correctly and then responds to screen resize.

If I set the WDP viewcontainer's width to something other than zero, it will pad to the right (assuming WDP is on left) and create empty space between the Island and the WDP viewcontainers.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Larry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same issue, I only get it to work with the "Flow Layout" I followed the steps you proposed but no luck.. I have solved this problem by sending the height of the browser window through the flash Islands. In flash you have a resize event. This event can be used to send the correct height so the content is displayed without scroll bars.

Is there no other way to achieve this? So you have two views one view contains the viewcontainer that holds the flash islands and the other view is the flash islands itself.. When you use "Flow Layout" it works .. And when you add WD elements the flash islands doesn't show up only when you set the height of the flash islands to a fixed value.. Any ideas why this behaviour occurs? And how to solve this?

Thx!

Jonas

0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a word document which has all of the properties of the Web DynPro components to make this work.

This link contains a zip archive which contains

1) Word document with relevant properties and values.

2) Nugget file of Web DynPro application

3) Flex project archive of basic project.

[http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/download/attachments/249005507/Solution.zip?version=1&modificationDate=1314047949356]

If the link doesn't work, please try this one, which is to a wiki page:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=249005508

Regards,

Larry

Edited by: Larry Hardin on Aug 22, 2011 2:23 PM

Edited by: Larry Hardin on Aug 22, 2011 2:26 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Larry,

Thank you this worked for me!. Nice document by the way.

Regards,

Jonas