cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some customers tax exempt only for a selection of products

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to make VMI customers in Germany tax exempt for a selection of products where the commodity code is a certain vlaue.

The problem is the customer is taxable for other products and the materials are taxable for other customers. Is there a way to do this in config ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi

When you make tax condition records, use Tax classification of material and customer as your access sequence, for the materials for which the tax is exempt them put value as 0 (tax exempt).

Harris

Former Member
0 Kudos

manualy remove the the tax classification from sales order .

regards

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Remove the customer tax classification at sales order level itself and process the order. If you want to control the manual intervention then you can create and Z authorization object with customer tax classification editable for specific users.

The customer tax classification is changeable only for authorized users.

The Z authorization object could be wriiten in Sales order Save user exit.This only for a control.If the same is not a concern then manually remove the tax classification of customer at sales order level and process the order.

Regards,

Saju.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saju,

There are a large number of materials that this directive refers to so I wouldn't expect the customer service folk to know which materials they had to manually remove tax for. I really need to be able to automate the process.

I can have a developer overwrite the tax rate to 0 for these customer/material combinations but I'm not sure if there are any legal implications to doing that ???

Thanks,

Jen

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There should be some logic which decides whether the sale order should be delivered with tax or not. So accordingly, it can be changed manually in sale order or if you want to automate this, develop a zee table with the required fields.

On your query

but I'm not sure if there are any legal implications to doing that ???

hope, you were referring the business in which case, you need to take up the matter with the client. From SAP point of view, absolutely, there is no problem in developing a zee table.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi