Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to update the Custom Infotype at the end of HCM Process and Forms

sreelatha_gullapalli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI All,

Can any once give me the steps and any relevant documents regarding how to update the custom infotype at the end of HCM process and forms process.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,

Sreelatha Gullapalli.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Sadly there is no documentation available for that, I just can tell you that you have to use the advanced generic service badi: BADI HRASR00GEN_SERVICE_ADVANCED and figure out the rest, here are a thread with some good pointers:

Hope that helps you!

Best regards

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreelatha,

There are different ways you can update custom infotypes in HCM P & F.

1. If it is PA infotypes, best approach is to create your custom infotype as decoupled infotype. Once you have your custom infotype as decoupled infotype, you should see this infotype as part of standard service SAP_PA. so you can use it as other standard infotypes and the framework takes care of updating custom infotypes.

2. Advanced Badi, HRASR00GEN_SERVICE_ADVANCED: You can write logic in flush method to update your custom infotype. However this works well only with PD infotypes, where you can set a flag to commit the data along with other standard infotypes. But for PA infotypes, I would not suggest this. here you will be updating custom infotype independent of standard infotype. if for some reason the save on standard infotype fails, there is no way to revert the update made as part of this BAdi!

3.Workflow: create a static class method to update custom infotype. Call this method in workflow task!. You need to add this task in the workflow after you check if the framework save is complete.

Make choice depending on your use case.

Hope that helps!

Bhagya

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

#2 above is not completely correct. I have used Advanced/Enhanced GS to update PA and PD infotypes (custom and standard) without issue. You do have to be aware of how to control the commit however as mentioned. Simply putting all your code in the flush method will not handle it for you (as mentioned). You need to code for this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreelatha.

You may consider setting the infotype up as a 'decoupled' infotype and you will be able to use it within the SAP_PA framework. Here is some info that may be helpful.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_rc10/helpdata/en/43/a503b963161bbfe10000000a1553f7/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Derrick Banks

Banks & Company, LLC