cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is output_view is different from window?

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am checking a existing custom webdynpro component in the system (ADS is not up, hence am unable to play around with it!), the views and window is,

INITIAL_VIEW

DISPLAY_OUTPUT_VIEW

MY_WINDOW, the inbound & outbound plugs are defined as,

INITIAL_VIEW <--------- > DISPLAY_OUTPUT_VIEW  <--------------  MY_WINDOW
                            (1)                      (2)   

Pls. let me know , 1) We are displaying our data output in the DISPLAY_OUTPUT_VIEW, which means in the MY_WINDOW, so, then, why do we need the navigation from my_window to display_output_view as shown in the (2)? display_output_view is nothing but my_window right?

2) And I also saw some good amount of custom coding in the Event Handler of u2019HANDLEFROM_WINDOWu2019, at what point this code triggers?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

First let me clarify the difference between Window and view

View- is nothing but the area where you can place your UI Elements(Layout),associated Events and event handlers(also called methods)

Window- is nothing but a browswer compatable tool to display our views.

A window can have multiple views.

A smiple way to describe this is, "Window is like a book, and views are the pages inside the book" .

Now Come to your questions

>>>>1) We are displaying our data output in the DISPLAY_OUTPUT_VIEW, which means in the MY_WINDOW, so, then,

why do we need the navigation from my_window to display_output_view as shown in the (2)? display_output_view is nothing but my_window right?

Here, display_output_view and my_window is different. "display_output_view" is a view whereas "My_window" is window.

If that is the case, there won't be any navigation required from window to view. Instead the view will be set as default view.

>>>>2) And I also saw some good amount of custom coding in the Event Handler of u2019HANDLEFROM_WINDOWu2019, at what point this code triggers?

This is unclear to me. Pls let me know whether the event handler is in which view.

However, i can share you the entire control flow of WD.

The control flow hierarchy is

component controller (WDDOINIT)

window Controller (HANDLE_DEFAULT->WDDOINIT)

View Controller (HANDLEIP (if any),WDDOINIT,WDMODIFYVIEW)

Regards,

S.Meganadhan

former_member202077
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you

>>>>2) And I also saw some good amount of custom coding in the Event Handler of u2019HANDLEFROM_WINDOWu2019, at what point this code triggers? 

This is unclear to me. Pls let me know whether the event handler is in which view. 

This is under, DISPLAY_OUTPUT_VIEW, pls. let me know when it (the code wrote under the HANDLEFROM_WINDOW event) will trigger?

Thank you

Answers (0)