cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV Total and Subtotal in ALV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to display the Total and Subtotal in Alv in Webdynpro Abap, and i am getting this Error( Access via 'NULL' object reference not possible) and also i have checked the Cardinality also. Please get me a Good Solution.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sana

As i have Change the code and i am getting some another error as (Number of Elements of Selection of VIEW_TABLE.1.DATA Violates ) and also in ST22 it showing raise exception type CX_WD_CONTEXT exporting textid = CX_WD_CONTEXT=>SELECTION_ILLEGAL_CARDINALITY node_name = tempText. i hope you understood my Question.

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think your node( the node which is binded to data node of alv interface controller ) having collection cardinality of 1:1, if yes, then change it to 0:N,

i hope this will solve the issue.

If you still get the error, go to st22, open your error, go down that page (keep pressing pagedown button ), then you will find your code and there find this arrow >>>>> then let me know that code line.

Regards

Srinivas

saravanan_narayanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you change table selection mode? I think the context node selection cardinality is not in sync with the table selection mode. check it out?

BR, Saravanan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sana,

I Got the Answer and your Suggestion is Good and i made a mistake in my Cardinality.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI basha,

Go to ST22, and check where the dump occured.

Open the st22, select the your error with time...

you can see the where exact dump occured, there will be arrrow like >>>>>> in front of the line code. then you can analyze the code, othewise post the same , we wil help you

Regards

Srinivas