Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MSG no 821 "Cannot process message in node, parameters cannot be converted"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Need your inputs on a issue We are facing,

We have recently installed solution Manager systems which in 7.00 ehp1 pathc level 26. I am trying to configure mail (scot) in that so that it should send automatic EWA alerts to system owner. I could manage to create required node sucessfully.

But when i tried to test mail its failing with below error.

MSG no 821 "Cannot process message in node, parameters cannot be converted"

Gurus required your help to solve this issue.

Regards

Yogesh Wararkar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There must be a problem with your SMTP node setup...

Can you post the details of your SMTP Node config in SCOT?

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for reply,

we have two node configured one is for rfc connection which is pointing to SAP_INTERNET_GATEWAY_SERVER . and second one is smtp though smtp connection . We are using rfc connection one's.

What else details require please mention here .

Regards

Yogesh

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP does not support Email configuration with authentication. I think for RFC method you will be using authentication of user which is not supported.

Thanks

Sunny

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You do not require to configure SAP_INTERNET_GATEWAY_SERVER RFC... when you have a perfectly good SMTP node.

As far as I remember this was used in versions prior 4.7 when external software was used to handle the SMTP requests.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Both, Thanks for reply,

Now i have tried yusing smtp node with smtp connection, but it also giving error as mentioned below.

Message cannot be transferred to node SMTP due to connection error (final).

Regards

Yogesh

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That error means in most cases that you have not added the IP address of you SAP Server to the SMTP Relay Agent on your Mail Server.

As mentioned before SAP doesnt have the ability to authenticate with the Mail Server using a username/password so you need to maintain the Relay Agent so no authentication is needed

Regards

Juan