cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS User Status issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have configured WBS User status with one user status as LFI - Locked for Financial posting.

For this user status following buiness transactions are forbiddesn:

Create billing document --> Forbidden

Create sales document --> Forbidden

I have tested one scenario as :

I have created one sales order on WBS Element not having LFI User status and then I have activated LFI user status for that WBS Element. Now when I try to create billing document for sales order created earlier -- whther system shoul allow me or not?

- Swapnil Kharul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

System will not allow to create any sales/Billing document once you activated this user status.Logic is like that whn you give the WBS as account assignment , while saving the sales document ,system will check the allowed transcation for this WBS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranji,

Its allowing me to create Billing document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

I tested this in my system by forbidding the all the transactions that you have listed in your previous post. Once i set the user status as LFI, system is not allowing me to account assign the WBS element to the sales order.

In short, its working fine for me. Try to create a new project, check the status profile used and check if it works.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

Actually na do NOT make LFI status and just on Valid WBS Element try to create sales Order then make LFI status for that WBS element and then afterthis try to create Billing Document and let me know actual result of this test scenario.

- Swapnil Kharul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ideally it should not allow you to carry out the transactions that you have blocked by way of user status. It would be better if you could share your test resultsto comment further.

Regards,

Gokul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

Its allowing me to create Billing document.

My test results are - system is allowing to create billing document but FI document not got posted.

Also in my sales order used WBS Element is billing element. I know about substitution rule for determination of higer level billing element.

Please suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil,

I think the system should not allow you to create a billing document, since user status is now prohibiting the transaction. But probably , if you have assigned a Non billing element in the sales Order and the system is posting the revenue on the billing WBS element somewhere up in the hierarchy ( for the WBS element which does not have this user status ) , then system may allow this to happen.

What was the result of your testing which had carried out?.

Warm regards,

Srinivas Potluri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swapnil

Have you checked to see if the validations are active for you if in a development client? Did you create them yourself or is the use of the validations limited to a user ID?

Former Member
0 Kudos

LFI User status has following Business Transaction control as forbidden:

Acct. assignment order/project

Actual activity allocation

Assignment order/WBS

Create billing document

Create sales document

FI: Postings

Funds commitment

Goods Movement

Goods issue delivery

Goods receipt for purch. order

Incoming invoice

Manual cost allocation

Material purchase order

Material purchase requisition

Post goods issue

Schedule order

Hi Srini,

Thanks a lot for your help in this matter.

My test results are - system is allowing to create billing document but FI document not got posted.

Also in my sales order used WBS Element is billing element. I know about substitution rule for determination of higer level billing element.

Please suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henry,

Thanks for your reply.

yes - i think some validation are applied but I am not sure about those. also these are applicable for some user ids to minimize impact of such validation in develiopment client on initial level.