cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to determine the sp level on a java stack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Why isn't there an obvious way (clear text saying sp level x) of determining which support package level a java stack (Netweaver 7.3) has installed? The threads that I have found is all pointing to system information->component info but which component to look for? I need to know this in order to know which sp level my Netweaver Developer Studio should be on. Where can I find this info? If there is a component that you can read this info from I assume that I need to know also how to identify the sp level from the version number ex. 7.3.00.00.20100312xxxxx etc.

Br

Göran

Edited by: Göran Westin on Jul 28, 2011 11:20 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks shadowdancer.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you open JSPM, click on tab "Installed Components", JSPM will show the patch level only.

I recommend to give a try.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shadowdancer

Thanks for the advice. Sadly I don't have access to the JSPM tool which resides on the servers file system. I don't have (and will not get) enough privilegies to access the servers filesystem.

After asking the basis guy (which used the JSPM tool) I was able to get the sp-level of the java stack..........

Br

Göran

Edited by: Göran Westin on Aug 1, 2011 10:11 AM

Edited by: Göran Westin on Aug 3, 2011 12:47 PM

Edited by: Göran Westin on Aug 3, 2011 12:49 PM

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

On the initial screen of systeminfo, there you will find version of sap.com/SAP-JEECOR and sap.com/SAP-JEE. This will give you SP level of your netweaver As Java system.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny

Thanks for the quick answer.

How do I read the sp level info from those components? What is the version pattern? I assume that the first digits e.g. 7.3 is the netweaver version and then you have the sp level and patch level? So if my version of the mentioned components are 1000.7.30.0.0.20101020xxxxx. What digits are the sp level?

Br

Göran

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is given like 7.0X SP<X> on the initial screen.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Sonny

Ok. On the initial screen, after logging on, I click on the instance and then I can see, as the last entry, the following version number 7.30.3710.100205.201xxxx (on the System information tab). So according to you the sp level is 3? The fourth digit? I don't see it in any form like 7.0X SP as you were mentioning?

Br

Göran

Edited by: Göran Westin on Jul 28, 2011 2:50 PM

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi again Sonny

>

> Ok. On the initial screen, after logging on, I click on the instance and then I can see, as the last entry, the following version number 7.30.3710.100205.201xxxx (on the System information tab). So according to you the sp level is 3? The fourth digit? I don't see it in any form like 7.0X SP<X> as you were mentioning?

>

> Br

> Göran

>

> Edited by: Göran Westin on Jul 28, 2011 2:50 PM

As you click on system information tab on portal http://

:5

00, you will be able to see sap.com/SAP-JEECOR and sap.com/SAP-JEE and check its version. Don't click on all components link.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny

I don't click on the all components link. I suspect there could have been changes of the system information gui in NW 7.3 that makes it difficult to follow your advice?

@SAP on my wishlist is a clear way to show the current support package level and patch level, in NWA, of the java stack. As a non-basis guy you don't always have access to the jspm tool.

Br

Göran

Edited by: Göran Westin on Aug 1, 2011 10:10 AM

Edited by: Göran Westin on Aug 3, 2011 12:46 PM