cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fake information in SMSY

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends:

For a 46C system, if I mistakingly put its version as ECC6 in SMSY, can SMSY detect this error?

I am between projects so that I cannot verify this.

My question is actually whether SMSY really goes to the satelite to verify the input?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Joy,

If you make an incorrect manual entry in SMSY this can cause problems if not corrected. SMSY does not check against the actual system to know an incorrect entry is being made. If you are using an SLD, if it has the correct entry, then delete the system in SMSY and it will be re-created correctly when the Landscape_fetch job runs. If you don't delete it, when the Landscape fetch job runs, and it has differences from the exsting defintion because there were manual changes, it will NOT overwrite the system, but instead will create a new one, adding a suffix to make it unique.

So to answer your question - No, SMSY does not not get product information from the Managed/Satellite system directly.

You should view this link, under features of the SLD, it has the ability to get uptodate information on installed SAP systems.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/c46505095735b6e10000000a42189d/frameset.htm

Regards,

Paul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It depends if your SMSY data for that particular system is updated by either the "SLD" (landscape fetch job) or by retrieving the data manually

If the data is inconsistent (e.g. product assignment is incorrect) the system (or I think the product even) will usually have a yellow warning sign. By then you have to open the system, assign the correct product and do cleanup

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think so it will show you an error. But if you click on Read data from RFC and check actual support package version then it will show you actual version of support package installed on your system.

Thanks

Sunny