Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7.0 without portal(EP)

jenny_slay
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently my client is using SAP ECC MM for procure to payment solution. Now my client is evaluating the use of web procurement solution with SAP SRM Self-service procurement classic scenario. For Demo purpose we are planning to install SRM in a virtual machine and link to the existing ECC Development system or IDES system. Though we have enterprise portal and PI system but we donu2019t want to involve this two component at this moment.

I have few doubts:

1. As per the information in SDN and service.sap.com, SRM 7.0 (service package1) can run without Enterprise portal. Can

some one please guide how can I access various document such as shopping card, PO in SRM without portal ?

2. Can I use or access all SRM document without portal ?

3. Can POWL function will work without Portal ?

4. Do the screen of shopping cart without and with portal are same.

5. Two link SAP SRM Server 7.0 and SAP SRM Server 7.01 is available in service market place. Which one I should refer

for SRM without portal ?

6. Can you please suggest(link) which version or the software component I should use for SRM without portal ?

Thanks,

Regds,

Jennifer

Edited by: Jennifer Batty on Jul 28, 2011 10:44 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Starting from SRM 7.0 SP05, we can have NWBC(Netweaver Business client) instead of the portal.

You can access and do most of the things which can be done in portal in NWBC. This NWBC doesnt need any new software component and it comes along with SRM. You just need to activate corresponding services in SICF.

After that you can access it from IE and URL looks like as below:

https://<<SERVER>>:<<PORT>>/sap/bc/nwbc/srm

There are a couple of notes and you can refer to them - just search for NWBC in Service Marketplace under component SRM and you will get most of the information needed.

Regards,

Prasanna

jenny_slay
Participant
0 Kudos

Appreciate for you valuable reply Prasanna.

Regds,

Jennifer

Answers (0)