cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales BOM re-explosion - partially referenced quote ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

When creating a sales order with reference to a quote (containing BOM's), we have a requirement to re-explode the BOM's in the sales order i.e the components of the BOM on the quote are not copied to the sales order, however, this results in the quote being left with a status of partially referenced / being processed.

We want to be able to make the original quote "complete" when referenced - how can we do this if not all the items are copied to the sales order ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

YOU HAVE CHECK THE CHECK BOX OF COMPLETE REFERENCE AND REEXPLODE STRUCTRE / FREE GOODS IN T CODE --->"VTAA". FOR THIS SELECT SOURCE AND TARGET FOR BOTH HEADER AND ITEM LEVEL.

I HOPE IT WILL SOLVETHE PROBLEM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response, the process of copying the items to the sales order from the quote is working correctly i.e we do want to copy just the BOM header & not the components because we wish to re-explode the BOM on the order.

What we want to happen is once the order has been created with reference to the quote, we would like the quote status to be "complete", but what is happening now is that it is only completing the BOM header and not the rest of the quote, which means we now have a large number of open / partially referenced quotes in our system.

For the BOM header item category, we have the "Reexplode structure/free goods" box ticked; if we put a tick in the "Complete reference" box for the Source Doc to Target Doc (header details) would this not cause a conflict ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clare,

Can you try whether you can fix this with setting a value for field "Completion Rule" for the quotation item categories in VOV7.

Thanks,

Srini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini - we currently have the component item categories set with an incompletion rule of " " Not Relevant for Completion, I'm not sure if setting it to A or B would make any difference as the BOM component will never be referenced ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

... correction to last comment, the BOM component item category has a completion rule of A set - but as the item is not referenced this is irrelevant.

Any ideas ?