Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST01 - No records found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had set up trace for a user by checking what server he has logged into by table USR41 , then went to SM51 and logged into the same server and , clicked on authorization check, general filter - gave the user name and trace on. Asked user to perform activity, he got no authorization error. I have done trace off and clicked on analysis (with and without date- tried both options) .,. but i get no data found. Where did i go wrong? please help

17 REPLIES 17

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Sounds okay so far (I didn't know about the USR41 table and use AL08 instead)

Did you swap your name to the user's name in the analysis?

Regards

David

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I had set up trace for a user by checking what server he has logged into by table USR41 , then went to SM51 and logged into the same server and , clicked on authorization check, general filter - gave the user name Save Settings and trace on. Asked user to perform activity, he got no authorization error. I have done trace off and clicked on analysis (with and without date- tried both options) swap the user id as mentioned by David

These are the 2 gaps I can see so far. Check if these are any loop hole or not.

Edited : One more thing, you said trace been turned on first then went to application server? sound so. 1st check user then switch application server then turn on trace.

Regards,

Arpan Paik

Edited by: P Arpan on Jul 28, 2011 2:11 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both for the inputs. I had checked which server user logged in, then went for trace on on the same server. also i have clicked on save settings buttton and replaced my id with user's id in analysis. But i dint get the data

0 Kudos

So - you're both on the same server, the user ID is in the general filters and you've selected authorisation check (all), trace on.

The user runs the process and, at that point, I wouldn't stop the trace - just select analysis and enter the user name, put an end time to say 18:00:00 and execute.

What transaction is the user running please?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You mean without TRACE OFF , I have to click on analysis tab ? User is executing tcode MBBS. Also whati is the difference between ST01 -> EDIT -> FILTER -> SHARED -> putting user id and in ST01 -> GENERAL FILTERS -> putting the user id ? What is the difference between the two .both are same screens

0 Kudos

The difference between the two Edit/Filter or General Filters - personal preference I think?

If you have

1. Swapped to the same server

2. Ticked the 'Authorisation Check' tick box

3. Entered the user ID in the second field down 'Trace for user only' (either route)

4. Started the trace

5. The user has run MBBS whilst still in the original session when you found them

6. The analysis is for the user

7. The from - to times are correct

You should get something like this:

Client: XXX User: USER ID Transaction MBBS

Work Process 1 PID Date: 28.07.2011

First Block of Dialog Step Last Block in Dialog Step

Block Version: 123456 No. of Records: 111 File

hh:mm:ss:ms Type Lasts(us) Object Text

11:19:56:913 AUTH - - - M_MSEG_WMB RC=0 ACTVT=03;WERKS=0001;

If not then maybe a chat with BASIS or another S&A peep to see if the trace is working correctly? That's the limit of my skills in ST01 it may be a file full issue - seems to ring a bell if so?

Cheers

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot david . Points awarded

0 Kudos

If you do a search on ST01 you'll find the remarks about the file size in Dec 2008 incase that is an issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to T Code ST01

Ensure that the Trace is ON

Click on Analysis

Put the from date and in from time put 00:00:00

Put the to date and in to date put 23:00:00

Execute.

You will surely get the desired output.

0 Kudos

You will surely get the desired output.

I doubt on that. There are many other things to take care addition to date/timings. And there are many things can go wrong as well..

Edited :

Ensure that the Trace is ON

Also when you are analyzing trace, the trace should be turned off so that it does not record unnecessary data.

Regards,

Arpan Paik

Edited by: P Arpan on Jul 29, 2011 1:47 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Click on the hammer & sickle icon (administration). Any errors in the log there?

Also note that WDA transactions are started via the message server again so are load balanced back onto possibly another server than they were before staring the transaction code.

Cheers,

Julius

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jul 29, 2011 11:15 PM

0 Kudos

Also note that WDA transactions are started via the message server again so are load balanced back onto possibly another server than they were before staring the transaction code

That's new to me and thanks for the same. However can you please share some more light on it?

to OP : Sorry to ask qtn in ur thread.

Regards,

Arpan Paik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Trace step is below:

1. ST01

2. Make sure Trace is Switched Off. If not, then make if OFF, by clicking TRACE OFF.

3.Tick mark 'Authorization Check'

4. General Filters->provide the user ID , for which Trace needs to be found out

5.Make TRACE ON

6. Click Analysis

7. Provide USER ID for which Trace needs to be found out(i.e same as in step 4)

8. Deselect all options except Authrozaition check in frame Trace Records

9.give correct start and End times

10. Execute

0 Kudos

I kind of miss "perform activity to be traced" between steps 5 and 6

0 Kudos

the option you have given is not Mandatory to use. As per the original question, my steps are sufficient to provide trace data. There are several more options , that can be provided, like for specific transaction, etc...

0 Kudos

Jurgen wrote

I kind of miss "perform activity to be traced" between steps 5 and 6

That'll be the user....

MBBS (edit - got the tcode wrong)

Cheers

David

Edited by: David Berry on Aug 1, 2011 3:12 PM

0 Kudos

the option you have given is not Mandatory to use

I didn't know that. Really it's me only didn't know that.....

Regards,

Arpan Paik