cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leading zeros in SAP ME materials that come from SAP ERP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

When materials are transfered from the SAP ERP side via MII to SAP ME it can be observed that material numbers have leading zeros. For example a material number is created in SAP ME like 0000000123456 instead of 123456.

I think this behaviour can be changed in the XLST transformations, which are part of SAPMEINT.

Is this the usual way to fulfill the requirement "No leading zeros for SAP ME material numbers"?

It can be observed that for example the shop orders don't have the leading zeros, when they are created in SAP ME.

Of cause, when confirmations are sent back to SAP ERP the corresponding XSLT transformation adds again these '0',

it is somehow necessary for SAP ERP for the shop order lookup.

I see one disadvantage when using modified XLST transformations.

Each time a new version of SAPMEINT is deployed a check shoukld be made from our side, if there are changes in the original XSLT transformations.

So what is the statement of direction from the SAPMEINT developers?

Kr,

Erich Lind

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We see the same problem for the leading zeros. There is no consistency in this case.

Also the SAPMEINT Enhanced planned order report is triggering only for material with leading zeros. In this case you can't modify anything to prevent this. No XSLT modification possible there.

Can we get any statement from SAP?!?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We can change this in MII transactions.remove trim function in BLS or you can change in XSLT in addition to this there is custom field in material which will import exact information from ECC.

Thanks,

Ramesh