Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration of DC from One Track to other Track

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was trying to Migrate the DC from one track to different track, For that i have copied the src code and build and deployed the project successfully. But when i run the application, it is throwing me the error.

Error Details:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.services.exceptions.WDRuntimeException: Failed to create deployable object 'sap.com/esswebdynproptlhrbal' since it is not a Web Dynpro object.

Could anyone help me in resolving the issue, Appreciate quick response on the same.

Thanks,

Sankar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

If you have the access for visual admin, go to the service Deploy and check wether 'sap.com/esswebdynproptlhrbal' is deployed or not. If its not there try to deploy the .sda file and check.

If this doesn't work try to restart your server and re-deploy the DC.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Saleem Mohammad.

sankar_narayana
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

My issue is resolved by myself.

Lets say there are 2 different tracks. I have a DC Name TestDC1 in Track1 and the same DC is not available in Track2. I want to bring the DC from Track1 to Track2, How I have done.

Resolution:

1) Import the DC from Track1 into your NWDS and make the code error free.

2) Created a new DC in Track2 with different name, since i have name reservation in my server i cannot create with the same name.

3) And then In the webdynpro perspective, select Navigator tab. Either copy the src and model folder of the dc from track1 to newly created DC udner track2

(or) goto File --> Import the _comp folder of the DC under track1 into DC under track2.

4) Check the dependant DC's, as well as check used DC's were added or not. If not go and add Used DC's.

In my Case i have added xss/fpm and xss/utils under PCUI_GP

5) Also check if any application properties defined in the application, if not leave it. Otherwise please make sure it points to the newly created DC Name.

a) How do i get the application properties is? Double click on the application in ur dc, you will get the properties

b) What error you get if you have not modified the application properties is "DC Name not found". In that case you need to make changes to the application properties and your error will get resolved

6) In my case another point which i missed is, If any constant file is defined in ur dc uder old track. When u copy or import the src code make sure where ever the DCName is hard coded we need to change everywhere. In my case one of the constant file, we need to change the DC Name which is hardcoded.

7) Make the code error free and Build the application, then deploy.

vijay_kumar49
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar Narayana,

Since when are you encountering this?

Any specific changes that you can think of that might have been made?

Did you try restarting the server?

Hope this helps!!

Regards

Vijay