Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWDI for nwds

prasad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Portal Gurus,

Iam very new to nwdi concept. i heard that it is a structure for version control,many developers can work on a particular module at the same time. i dont have any idea about how to start this from scratch.

I also heard the it can be used to customize the ess screens which is very important for me at this time. please guide me to get this requirement . how we can customize the ess screens from nwds from scratch. like creating tracks and adding sca to it and

logging and changing and uploading the customized screen in to portal .

thanks

prasad

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Prasad,

For installation of the NWDI server, you need to deploy the NWDI components (DTR, CBS, and CMS, SLD (if already SLD install then no need to deploy separately)) with same version and SP level in the server and configure the initial setting for NWDI. then design the track for the custom webdynpro development or ESS webdynpro component.

Refer to [Most important NWDI related guides and documents|; by Mr. Ervin Szolke and [NWDI |]

Note 1080927 - Creating CMS Tracks for Common Application Types

Note 889038 - Collective note: NWDI server component configuration

872892 - JDI/NWDI Cookbook for ESS/XSS

Hope it will helps

Best Regards

Arun Jaiswal

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to go through NWDO cookbook in SAP note : 872892

If you face issue in any step then do let us know.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Following will explaining about NWDI conceps .How it will work

/people/shreyas.pandya/blog/2011/07/19/source-code-journey-nwdi-under-the-hood

Thanks

Arun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prasad,

With the NWDI in place, we can maintain the versions and as you rightly said there is an opportunity for team development in place.

Read the basics of NWDI and its utility in the below help document

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce72/helpdata/en/48/bc23b1a70a0611e10000000a42189b/frameset.htm

Also go through how to import ESS configurations in NWDI

/people/vinoth.murugaiyan/blog/2007/08/24/essmss-customization-150-make-it-simple

Regards,

Ganesh N

prasad
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply

i have seen the blog but i could n't get how to do the following point

1 keep the three SCA files named SAP_BUILDT,SAP_JTECHS,SAP_JEE in the inbox folder

I have already created a track named my ess which is being shown in http://<hostname>:<portno>/devinf

How can i add Add the predefined ESS Software Component to the Track(my ess)

and get the ess for customization in to nwds and then deploy and test

Thanks & Regards

Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prasad...

So you have already created the Track...

Now in landscape Configurator -> track data tab...

Select Add SC...

There add all the required SC.....

ESS, MSS, PCUI_GP.....

This step will be done then......

Note : Again to reiterate....make sure you follow SAP note I suggested...else you will fall in trouble in later stage..........

The step that you refer about adding SCA files in inbox folder is straight forward.........

Just copy the SCA files as given in NWDI Cookbook in SAP note and just paste it in Inbox folder...........

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have to ask your basis to put the sca in the folder of your physical server.