Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: No more ABAP contexts available for protocol: HTTP

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are consuming a webservice in .NET . And when we are firing a request to import records (10000 record in SAP System), but in middle of the request(only 150 records are imported) system gets down.

In dev_icm following error comes

• ERROR => IcmSendRq: No more ABAP contexts available for protocol: HTTP (90%) [icxxif.c 941]*

• ERROR => Server overload [icxxthr.c 1716]*

Please help me to solve the problem. what would be the cause of this faliure.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using rfc_read_table.... do this function have some drawback

0 Kudos

Yes. There is a limit to the standard number of records it can read, is anyway only a demo program and is not released.

You should not have used it.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Actuallyi am fetching 150 records at a time with RFC_READ_TABLE.

The first call is working all 150 records are coming but when it goes for 2nd call system get disconnected. then i have to do icm restart then only webservice again get connecxted.

0 Kudos

If performance does not matter, then once you have the data try a call to RFC_CONNECTION_CLOSE before the next call is made.

Should work, but will be very slow...

Anyway, what data are you wanting to read. Business and system data intended to be read should typically have an API function you can call. That is a much better approach than a generic one.

Cheers,

Julius

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check also service.sap.com. Just search for Server overload. SAP counts inactive connections and it prevents additional connections. It might not be relevant for you.

Cheers