cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All Application servers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a question on SAP Application server(AS). If I want to see all active SAP application server running whether any configuration is required? If so, please let me know what is required? (In SM51, I would like to see all active SAP application server OR Function module: RFC_GET_LOCAL_DESTINATIONS should retrieve all SAP application servers)

Thank you.

With Regards,

Gandhi Subramani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gandhi

You can also check All the application servers whether they were active or not using RZ03 tcode

naveen_kumar1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gandhi,

If the application servers are missing in SM51 then please check and review the following points.

Remember the hostnames are case sensitve. So maintain then appropriately in profiles,hosts file etc..

500235 Network Diagnosis with NIPING

52959 sapms..., sapdp.., sapgw.. unknown (or not found)

Regards,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gandhi,

There is as such no configuration required for App servers to show in SM51, still plz check the below points :

1. Please make sure that the host entries of all the app servers and central server exists in hots file (<driv>:/WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc) each of them.

2. All your hosts are able to ping each other and vice versa.

3. check for RFC in SM59 if you want to remote login to yopur App servers from SM51

4. Maintain the ports of the App servers in the services file of CI and vice versa.

This should fix your issue definately.

Cherrs !!

Shobhit Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shobhit,

Thank you.

If I run SM20, whether logs can be seen for 2 SAP instances from instance where I execute SM20?

With Regards,

Gandhi Subramani

vincentlim826
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

SAP note 539404 contains the FAQs for Security Audit.

The audit file is normally contains in the work directory of each instance, with name format: audit_<yyyymmdd>

Check on profile parameter rsau/*

You cannot use a single log file for several application servers without losing data, and without annoying effects in SM20 display.

Regards,

Vincent