cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to filter tables in table browser in designer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I had a direct connection to SAP ECC database and I want to create an universe (with designer) on top of a database table. Problem is that ECC have a lot of tables and is very time consuming the selection of tables in table browser, question is:

is there a way to filter tables or to directly select a table provided I know the table name I want to work with?

note: I want to use aggregate data from logistic information tables because there is no BW system in this landscape

thank you

Edited by: Garduño Azael on Jul 29, 2011 6:12 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved by myself

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Would you mind sharing with me how you resolved this?

Thanks,

Jurgen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You should use the external strategy function of the designer (see chapter OPTIMIZING UNIVERSES -> USING EXTERNAL STRATEGIES TO CUSTOMIZE UNIVERSE CREATION)

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir31/en/xi31_designer_en.pdf

you don't need to create a new external strategy. Designer comes with a set of "standard" external strategies.

For filtering tables use "table strategy".

In order to make it to work for your environment, check the file *.STG and see which db user is used in the delivered strategy, then, add this user to your RDBMS and set the permissions and tables you wish to select to in designer

For example in my BO installation the user is named 'USER', so I added it to my DB2 RDBMS of sapecc and added the required tables

hope it helps