cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All options are disabled in SC in NWDI

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I created a "Developement configuration" using the wizard in http://<hostname>:<port>/devinf.

when i imported that in Netweaver from SLD i was not able to create any Development component in SC.

All options are disabled. I added the basic runtime dependencies that are required, but still all options are disabled.

Regards

Jabbs

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ErvinSzolke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume the Reimport and Restore features are disabled since the buildspace is empty i.e. there is nothing to be restored or reimported. First the SCs have to be imported into development (/consolidation) and I suspect regarding this track where you experience this behaviour no import was yet triggered before, so I guess this is going to be the very first import.

Please proceed as described above. Check-in the software components (you do this in CMS -- Transport Studio -- Check-in tab). In order to make this possible you need to put the SCA files into the CMS/inbox. To find out where is your CMS inbox go to the CMS -- Landscape Configurator -- Domain Data tab. Here you find the location of the transport folder. Now according to this your CMS inbox is: <transport folder>/CMS/inbox. Once the SCAs have been checked-in (for any problems for this see the note #1259604), then you need to import them. For this go to the CMS -- Transport Studio -- Development tab and import the SCs which are sitting in the transport queue with status "Waiting for Import".

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Ervin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ervin/John

Thanks a lot. It worked.

Now i am facing another problem, i guess you can help me in this as well.

When i copy my local development component into NWDI, it is giving error while activating.

It says invalid or no prefix found........

My local components doesnot have any prefix added to them. Do i need to add prefix to them (If yes then how) or we can disable the use of prefix.

NOTE:In SLD--> Name Reservation i have 2 prefixes defined which i am able to see when creating new component in NWDI.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Jabbs

Once you created the track in CMS and associated product, software component in SLD. then you can do define the name reservation in order to enable the options if it is disabled. [Click here for Name Reservation Service |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/43/e9905fe1582d53e10000000a422035/content.htm]

Check SAP Note 1080927 - Creating CMS Tracks for Common Application Types, in this SAP note you can find the requirded dependancy for the different types of applcations and have a look [Most important NWDI related guides and documents|; by Mr. Ervin Szolke

Hope it will helps

Best Regards

Arun Jaiswal

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Osman,

Your SC must be missing the build time dependencies.

Kindly follow the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue...

1) Open the following URL to access NWDI web interface

www.http://<hostname>:<port number>/devinf

2) goto Change Management Services

3) Open System Landscape Directory

4) Click on Software Components

5) Here in the Filter give your Software Component name.

6) after the serach is over select your SC in the table and the below displayed tabs goto Dependencies.

7) in the Context dropdown chose "BuildTime"

😎 click on "Define Prerequisite Software Component Versions"

7) In the Name column of the table search for the SC dependencies (e.g SAP-JEE, SAP_BUILDT, SAP_JTECHS), and add them as a dependencies.

Important Note: For developing webdynpro applications you will also need to add WD-RUNTIME component too, as a build time dependency, similarly you have to find out what other SC dependencies are required depending on your DC types.

😎 once you are done with this, go back to the 2nd step mentioned above.

9) Goto the Landscape Configurator link.

10) Chose your track inside the table on the left side.

11) goto the Domain Data option, Click on the "Change" button, and then click on "Update CMS" button (This may take some time)

12) once the CMS Update is finished, open the "Track Data" link that is beside "Domain Data"

13) Now click on the "Change" button, from the software component (SCs) table remove the WebDynpro SC, and add it back once again.

14) Save the Track Data (While saving, do not forget to select "Save and Reimport" option.)

15) Now goto Transport Studio, make sure your track is selected in the table

16) In the Check-In Tab select all the components displayed in the "Check-In" button.

17) Once the Check-In operation is completed all those component will now be queued up in the Development Tab,

18) In the Development Tab select all the components & click on "Import"

19) Once the Import operation is completed all those component will now be queued up in the Consolidation Tab,

20) In the Consolidation Tab select all the components & click on "Import"

21) Now come back to your NWDS and remove the configuration that you have imported previously and then again load the same configuration once again from the SLD in your NWDS.

And now try creating the DC of any type you desire.

Let me know whether the DC type are still disabled or not?

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shreyas

I saw ur steps in other forum too and tried it.

Till 13th steps i am able to follow but in the 14th step you said to save and donot forget to select "save and reimport" option.

I am not able to see that "save and reimport" option. And when i just simply save it and try for the 15th/16th step i cant see anything in "Check-in" tab, neither in "Development" and "Consolidation" tab. In "Assembly" tab i see the object with "to be asemble". i assembled it and approved it from "Approval" tab. Then tried to import it, Still same problem.

I am able to see (ENGFACADE,FRAMEWORK,SAP_BUILT AND WD-RUNTIME) but when i click on Plus symbol nothing is there inside them (like ENGFACADE should have base.test.facade, base.test.tools....... etc etc).

Please help.

Regards

Jabbs

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jabbs,

Yes, on the 14th step When you click on the Save button to save the Track Details, You will get one pop up, where you'll get 3 buttons out of which "Save and Reimport" is the option that you need to choose.

This is because after Updating the CMS your build space needs to get filles up with the newly added dependecies.

Once The Save and Reimport operation is completed those dependecies will be queued up in the Development Build space with status waiting for import.

If you don't import these depedencies...

you can't create the desired DC type in NWDS, as after you import the Track in NWDS, it reffers to the same build archives present in the Development Buildspace of your track.

You can also go through the blog i have published recently...

:[Source Code Journey (NWDI under the Hood)|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/25521] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Shreyas

In that pop up window i can see "save", "save and restore", "save and reimport" and "cancel".

But only "save" and "cancel" buttons are enabled. other 2 buttons are disabled, i am not able to select them :(:(.

regards

jabbs

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

just put the sca in the inbox folder. and import them, you will be good

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you imported all the depended SC in your track?