cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMSY/MOPZ - how to configure to get ONLY HR-LCPs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to figure how I have to set up an ERP 6.0 system in SMSY to only get the HR packages. I remember that in earlier version of MOPZ (currently on SP27) there was an option to just get the HR LCPs (and dependent packages).

Because of

Note 1425556 - HRSP Information of SAP enhancement package 4

there are dependencies between SAP_HR and SAP_BS_FND and others.

Since we don't want to update any other packages than necessary we just want to get the necessary files to be updated.

If I do a normal MOPZ task I get in the end 227 packages including the HR packages where I have no possibility to deselect e. g. SAP_APPL.

Is there a chance to get this functionality back? If not, it can be very tedious to mark all those packages manually, upload them to SPAM and check whether there is a dependency.

Regards,

Markus

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What if you select only Technical usage type HCM ? I think it should give you only HR packages for EHP4.

Thanks

Sunny

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you for answering.

Where do I select the technical usage? The system is already on EHP4, I want to do "maintenance", no EHP installation.

SAP ERP 6.0 doesn't offer "SAP HCM", I can select XSS or LSO as product instance but not HCM.

Markus

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

There are 2 options:

1) If your system already has HR 604 packages then when you will select Maintenance option in MOPZ then at the screen of Stack dependent files then you don't select files of any other usage and just click on Add HR packages and it will give you HR packages.

2) If you want to install 604 packages of SAP HCM then you need to select Enhancement Package installation in MOPZ and then you just select SAP HCM technical usage type and you will get all HR packages including dependent packages.

Thanks

Sunny

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 1) If your system already has HR 604 packages then when you will select Maintenance option in MOPZ then at the screen of Stack dependent files then you don't select files of any other usage and just click on Add HR packages

Where do I click on that? I don't see that option. I can't deselect anything, it's greyed out.

Markus

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

My Solman is SP26. What is your solman SP level ?

I have uploaded one screen for your reference. Please check below link:

http://postimage.org/image/2ucqkc15w/

Thanks

Sunny

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't see that screen.

On the second screen I get the selection for the target stack, after that I select the OS/DB files, then it shows the stack independent files (in our case addons like DMIS etc.) - and the next step is already adding them to the download basket.

This is SP27.

Markus

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's strange. You have latest SP's than me. So, you should be able to see that option.

What I did is: I selected Maintenance option in MOPZ and went through different steps and finally on step Select Stack Independent files I get option to add HR packages. But I think this option works only if HR is already on 604 level.

Another workaround is, you can download HR patches from service market place and approve it from MOPZ.

Thanks

Sunny

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> It's strange. You have latest SP's than me. So, you should be able to see that option.

See http://postimage.org/image/21mylgvus/

That option is not available and the system selects ALL packages.

> Another workaround is, you can download HR patches from service market place and approve it from MOPZ.

Yes, but that is not an option always since HR packages sometimes depend on other packages (such as SAP_BASIS, SAP_BS_FND) and on certain levels of those (see note in my initial post).

We did that but we had to create a number of tasks to get the dependet packages, they can only be found by selecting each of the HR packages and checking the dependencies manually.

Since MOPZ is about to "reduce TCO" and "helping administrators" I wonder what setting is now missing (again). I raised an OSS call already - the 16th for this year in that component.

MOPZ is soooo tedious, it takes more time to set things up in SolMan than doing the task that is supposed to be done. It's really incredible.

Thank you for your help though!

Markus

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please check if you have implemented SAP note 1590226 and 1548530 for MOPZ.

Thanks

Sunny

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, both notes are in the system or obsolete (only for SP26 and lower).

Thanx for trying to help.

Markus

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I was going to your screenshot again and I found that Swtich Framework ON/OFF button is also missing in your case.

Then I checked below URL:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/SM/SystemLandscapeConfigurationforMOPZ

And as per this URL solman_setup activate this function. So, looks like solman_setup transaction did not finished successfully.

Thanks

Sunny

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I was going to your screenshot again and I found that Swtich Framework ON/OFF button is also missing in your case.

Yes

> And as per this URL solman_setup activate this function. So, looks like solman_setup transaction did not finished successfully.

We installed SolMan with Version 3,2 upgraded to 4.0/7.0, installed EHP1 and are now on SP27. I have no clue how often I executed SOLMAN_SETUP to "fix" a configuration.

I just executed it again, it doesn't change anything.

I appreciate your efforts.

Markus

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

As per SAP note 1244225, after implementation of SP27, you need to implement SAP note 1468591 which can be also implemented with the help of solman_setup. Have you implemented this note 1468591 ?

Thanks

Sunny

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Sunny,

yes, that note is applied but should be unapplied, I get a message that "Note0001468591 ist obsolet, unapply".

It's so incredibly annoying to to search for notes and solutions for problems every time an update is installed, it's just a huge waste of resources. No offense towards you, don't get me wrong. I just can't believe that this software is advertised to be "easy" and "quick" as described in http://sapinsider.wispubs.com/article.cfm?id=5446.

I'm spending hours and hours searching for solutions of SoLMan problems, that wouldn't be there, if SolMan wasn't. And this is supposed ot help me? One must be kidding saying something like that...

I give up, I guess this is now a matter of support to clean up the mess.

Thank you for trying to help me. Pure frustration is speaking out of me.

Markus

Answers (0)