cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

idoc to soap scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need some inputs on idoc to SOAP scenario. we have an IDOC with purchase order information coming from the SRM system and its supposed to go to PI and then PI will call a webservice. Later webservice will send out an acknowledgement to PI and back to the system. Now the latter step is something I dont understand. Is there a way we can avoid BPM and still achieve this ?

I have also a similar question for the file to SOAP scenario. How can the sender system get acknowledgmenets in this case ?

Thanks,

V

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Medhaj,

Instead of IDOC, use a BAPI on source side (Which is synchronous in nature). This makes your scenario a simple sync-sync interface which do not need any ccBPM. You just need to map the request structure of the BAPI to the request structure of the webservice and the response of the webservice to response structure of BAPI.

Best Regards,

Ravikanth Talagana

Former Member
0 Kudos

well, we could do that BAPI if we have that option. But at this point, we don't have that option. Is there anyway we could accomplish this ? how does it work for a file to SOAP synchronous scenario ?

Any useful blogs will be helpful. I appreciate that.

Thanks,

Venkat.

former_member181962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/File-RFC-File(Without+BPM)

This is for File -RFC (Synchronous) - File (The RFC returns a value which will be sent as a file).

You can do prettymuch the same for File-SOAP-File also.

Best Regards,

Ravi

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>how does it work for a file to SOAP synchronous scenario ? Any useful blogs will be helpful. I appreciate that.

This can be handled without using BPM. Basically you have to use adapter module requestresponsebean and onewayresponsebean in your file sender channel. In your case file is sender and soap is receiver. Refer the link provided by Ravi.That link show fle to RFC to FIle. YOu can replace RFC with SOAP.