Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the description of Custom transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Business requirement is to change the description of custom transaction. I have changed in SE93.

But, now this change should appear in all the roles(single and composite) wherever this transaction used.

Do I need to update each role or Do we have any option to refresh the description of transaction in roles?

Thanks in advance.

Srini

5 REPLIES 5

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Maybe you can ask an ABAP'er to update table AGR_HIERT for you. I would probabely do it by changing the contents of a PFCG role download file but that's not for the faint-hearted....

Otherwise I do not see a quick solution for this one.

0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen

Thank you for the reply.

But, I am not sure how AGR_HIERT table can be updated. I viewed the table contents, It comes with Object ID and Node Text.

Node Text is the one I need to change. But, we cant pinpoint which Object Id we need to update in each role. I understand, this will change depends on where the custom transaction code exists in the menu.

Thanks

Srini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I first recommend to identify the # of roles in which the custom transaction code exists. If you find the tcode in only few of the roles, you can modify them individually from the role menu and transport them back.

If you have more roles, alternative is to use eCATT scripts. But, make sure that you use the search option in the role menu, rather than selecting the tcode manually.

The last option is as recommended above. Maintaining the values in the table is not recommended though

Regards,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

There are quite a large number of roles and number of transactions. On top of that, some parts of the business use User Menus. So, it is big change.

I understood from the replies I have received, SAP system does not automatcially refreshes the transaction text, I am thinking of updating manually. I know, this takes long time.

Anyway, thanks for the reply

Thanks

Srini

0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

The other easiest option might be to create a new transcation code which spells similar and to roll out it in all these roles (which is pretty easy when compared to the manual updation). But, the decision always lies with your business.

If you have to go with the existing transcation code, you may consider eCATT script for changing the roles which may ease your task.

All the best!

Regards,

Raghu