Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Syndication after impot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

my scenario is as followed:

My repositories imports updates (new data sets and updates on existing) automaticly via the import server. This updates should be syndicated, but only the updates. Not all data sets. My idea was to create a boolean field "updated" which should automatically be set to true after a import. The syndication map selects only data sets, which are set to true - export via the syndication server.

On this background I have some questions:

How can I automaticly assign new values after the import (changed to true)?

How can I automaticly assign the false value to "changed" after the syndication.

Is there an other solution to export only changed data sets.

How can the syndication process be automaticly started after any event, e.g after an update, instead of the syndicatoin server?

Thanks

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Or alternatively, you can use "Suppress Unchanged Records" in your syndicator map which will pick only updated records.

You may use Syndicator Server to automatically trigger syndication.

Hope this helps

--

Venkat

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stefan,

1. How is your Import map set? - One single map for "Update" and "Create"?

If you have two separate maps, you can set the Boolean value for your "Updated" field in the Import map itself. If you are using a single map, how about splitting it into two just to accomodate this update...:). Then you can change your syndicator map to pick records based on the flag.

2. Currently (as of SP3), Syndicator will not send back any information on the syndicated records, hence I don't think it is possible to directly update a field based on "Syndication".

3. If you are using Import Manager in Batch mode, you can execute your Syndicator batch command as soon as your Import Manager Batch job is finished. If you are using Import Server, you can think of utilising OS level events/commands that check for the "Ready" and "Status" folders and execute your Syndicator batch command once the Import Server complates the operation.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Rajani Kumar