SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Block on Collective Child Account

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a requirement to not to post any paymnet on Collective Child Account Level and it should always post to Parent, so could you please let me know how to ensure the same by standard sap or any other way?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

There are two events-243 and 262 where in you need to add a custom FM which will check whether it is a collective child or not.

For checking whether a particular account is a collective child or not, take the account no. into table fkkvkp and check if the field fkkvkp-abwvk is blank or not for the particular account.

if it is not blank, then it is a collectibve child account and in that scenario, set the field i_dfkkzp-xklae as X

Event 243 is trigggerred when payment lot gets posted into SAP, where as event 262 is triggerred when items are posted into the account from payment clarification worklist.

Hope it helps

Thanks,

Amlan

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

As you know when a child contract account is invoiced, a clearing restriction '7' is put in place. It is automatically removed when the collective invoice is generated. You can not print also a child invoice document. The printing is always allowed at collective invoice document level. So in the invoice document you can mention the payment reference should be used as collective contract account number. Whenever the customer will pay the bill, they will refer the collective contract account number.

If you want to stop the posting of payment at child contract account level, you need an enhancement for that. If you are using any payment upload program to post the payment in SAP, before creating payment lot you can check the contract account category under which the payment will be posted. If you find that the contract account is not a collective contract account, for that child account you can find the collective contract account from FKKVKP table and post the payment in collective contract account level.

Also you can check the function module for event 950 and enhance according to your requirement. The function module called up at Event 0950 provides the option of making application-specific or customer-specific additions to line items for payment or additional selections during the payment lot transfer. You can check the contract account at the line item level and change that to a collective contract account number if the account entered as a child contract account.

Hope this will help.

Thanks.

Nirmalya

0 Kudos

Hi Nirmalya

Thanks a lot, so to confirm my understanding whether I need to make two changes

1) We are using FPBE in our interface to post payment so i need to make changes in this

2) enhace even 0950

So Event 0950 wont take care of all the payments whether manual or posted through fpb3?

How SAP will handle if there any payments are posted at child level? whether it requires manual correction? how it will show up in invoice.

Edited by: vinod khelani on Jul 28, 2011 3:55 AM

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

There are two events-243 and 262 where in you need to add a custom FM which will check whether it is a collective child or not.

For checking whether a particular account is a collective child or not, take the account no. into table fkkvkp and check if the field fkkvkp-abwvk is blank or not for the particular account.

if it is not blank, then it is a collectibve child account and in that scenario, set the field i_dfkkzp-xklae as X

Event 243 is trigggerred when payment lot gets posted into SAP, where as event 262 is triggerred when items are posted into the account from payment clarification worklist.

Hope it helps

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Alman,

thanks for your help, One question, how sap handles payment which are posted in child accounts and how do we rectify it manually?

0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

Firstly, to clear things, standard SAP allows payment posting at collective child level.

Whenever, a payment posted at the child level, irrespective of the fact , whether it clearing any debt at the child level or not, it automatcially rolls up to the collective parent.

So if you open the parent account you will be able to see the payment item.

If you have some payment entries currently in the collective child level and you want to clean them up, then transfer those payment items in to payment CWL, implement the custom codes in those two events. and then post those amounts to the collective parent.

The clearing for the payment items posted at the collective parent will happen accoring to the clearing settlemnt rules configured for collectives in your system. and the items which it is clearing, you can see them cleared at the child level as well, as the payments will roll down to the collecitve child.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,,

Yes, Indeed I checked and found exactly what you mentioned.

so this also means if the payments at child level are cleared and rolled up to parent account in that case it does not make sense to reverse it at child level and post again to parent?

further event 243 & 262 whether I will be able to replace CHILD CA WITH PARENT CA number and then it will post directly to parent CA ?

or by marking ield i_dfkkzp-xklae as X payment will go to clarification list and from there i will post to parent?

0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

It depends on your business requirement. In a normal scenario, if the payment at the child level has already cleared the debt, then there is no point in reversing them and posting to the parent account.

However, you can reverse those items which are sitting as payment on account, but will depend on a case to case basis.

You can change the Child CA with Parent CA, but I would not recommend you for doing that, firstly, in these events not only the CA comes , but other paramerters like contract can also come as a selction paramater.So in that case you will have to change them as well and can be complex.

Moreover, if there are two payments on the same day in the same lot, -one is directly going into the collective parent and the other initallly for child account, but you direct it to the parent account, thne there can be locking issues and ithe second item may get routed to payment CWL.

Its better that you mark the field i_dfkkzp-xklae as X, and then post them to the collective account from payment CWL.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Amlan