cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business View Manager List of Values Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a large cascading list of values (25,000 records) that I created in business view manager. When I run the report based on the business view in Infoview, I get the error "An error has occurred: Request timed out." when I try to access the second level of the list of values. The first level of the list of values displays properly.

The first level of list of values is based on:

G_ID

G_Name

The second level is based on:

S_ID

S_Name

I am using a stored procedure in Sybase 15. Each G_ID record has the unique identifier in the table: G_CK. The second level table contains multiple records for each G_ID and has the G_CK from the parent table. I am joining the second level table on the G_CK field. I have run the stored procedure in Sybase and confirmed that the results returned are correct. All of the first level records are unique and all of the second level records match to the first level.

Has anyone else received the "An error has occurred: Request timed out." error? How is this corrected?

I am using BOXI R2. We have an in-house app that we use to schedule and view reports. We are planning a BOXI 3.1 upgrade soon and are trying to confirm list of values will work with these larger datasets before we commit to using InfoView instead of rewriting the in-house developed application as part of the upgrade.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

It sounds like a memory limitation, or possibly a CMC setting in the Webi server. Do you really need such a large list of values? Here is a good post relating to similar issues:

http://www.forumtopics.com/busobj/viewtopic.php?p=588308

Check these in the CMC:

Web Intelligence Processing server settings:

Maximum List Of Values Size (entries):

Enable List Of Values Cache

List Of Values Batch Size (entries):

Also, check any other settings related to memory on the server, and see if it helps. Upgrade to 3.1 should definitely help, but there can still be some memory issues, depending on your environment.

Thanks

Answers (0)