cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 8 D Reporting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

For the Vendor related notification, once the defect flows from the defect recocding activity.What is the next step in notification processing form 8D perspective.

Regards,

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Defect Recording -->Triggering Automatic Notification creation would capture all details about the material and defect from Reference obj tab. However, when you put the Notification in process:

In the Subject tab: you fill additional info on the defect details (quite a big area to fill all necessary info), Affected (defective) quantities, Linked documents.

In the Processing Tab: you fill the Priority of the Notification processing (this captures the criticality of the problem, Malfunctioning start date, Required start and finish dates), Assigns the Dept responsible and assigns a Coordinator for monitoring the Notification Processing. Further, you also capture the Contact person, Costs, Account assignment in this tab. The next tab: Item: you record Item details (ie. exact defect codes, location, tasks at item level etc).

Having recorded all information about the defect, you can print a 8-D Report which views the problem in 8 dimensions ie. Reference, Defect Description, Causes, Short tem solution (activities), Long term solution (Tasks), Identification of Delivered material including defective material, Check success of Corrective tasks and the last one: Comments.

This way, you can create a 8-D Report and make good use of it in QM02 transaction.

Regards, KrishnaM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Thanks.

I have tried the steps you have explained .But Still I am not able to generate the 8D report with all the data.But If I fill data in the corrective task some 8 line details.

The 8D report get populated.But that seem to be very erratic.

What I thought was on getting the defect data from the defect recording,Rest of the data like cause/task/activities once completed in the notification 8D report can be generated but that actually doesn't happen.

Please advice.

Regards,

vivek

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Probably, you need to take help of a Technical Consultant (ABAP) to resolve the issue. It looks as though: the data is not getting populated correctly. Regards, KrishnaM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Krishna,

Along with this I have one more query that is this possible to add an image with this 8D report.

regards,

Vivek

muhamed_faisal
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Vivek

what is the notification type you are processing

Is it vendor related (Q2) or Customer related(Q1)?

If it is Q2 you cannot create a quality notification only you can request for a 8D report from action box

pls check

Faisal

krishnamurty_madduri
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Logically speaking, it should be possible - since it is possible to attach pictures to Notifications. However, I haven't tried it.

Please try and share the outcome, so that it benefits all. Regards, KrishnaM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have one observation for 8D report.

To generate the 8D report with notification data I found that If I enter data mentioning serial number 4 to 8 the corresponding fields gets populated in the template.

How does this approach actually helps in analysing the defect.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

As you have mentioned, its a vendor related issue, so your job is to request for a 8D report to your vendor, that you do via action box in QM01. Once your vendor confirms the completion of all tasks, you mark 8D report OK/Done. Please refer the link [http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/fr/e4/e312ea1ff611d4b2cd0050da4ceab0/frameset.htm]

Let us know in case you want any additional info.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my case as soon as I complete the defect recording activity,I get a vendor Notification created.Now in this as the supplier is supposed to complete the root analysis and take preventive action to avoid the recurrence.

But as this is done by the supplier in his system,How does this gets updated in my vendor notification.

Please advice.

Regards,

Vivek