cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java mapping changes needed for SAP PI 7.1 ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am new to Java mapping .

I have java mappings in SAP XI 2004 .I want to migrate those to SAP PI 7.1.

What are the changes need to be done, in order to make them work in PI 7.1?

Regards

Sunit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is not much changes in Java mapping

in PI7.0 we where implementing StreamTransformation where as in PI7.1 we are extending AbstractTransformation,

In order if you are comfortable with execute method.

extend your class with AbstractTransformation and implement the below method with execute method

public void transform(TransformationInput arg0, TransformationOutput arg1) throws StreamTransformationException

{

this.execute(arg0.getInputPayload().getInputStream(),arg1.getOutputPayload().getOutputStream());

}

public void execute(InputStream input, OutputStream output)throws StreamTransformationException {

your code

}

now you can write ur code similar to PI 7.0

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>I have java mappings in SAP XI 2004 .I want to migrate those to SAP PI 7.1.What are the changes need to be done, in order to make them work in PI 7.1?

Changes are basically in two areas . You basically need to change the extend class and method. In PI 7.1 extend your class with AbstractTransformation. Second method name to tranform from execute. Refer the link provided by Debashish.

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP Pi 7.0 java mapping will work on Sap pi 7.1 also

PI 7.1 Java mapping program extends the abstract class AbstractTransformation. And in PI 7.0 each JAVA Mapping class use to implement interface StreamTransformation. although StreamTransformation is deprecated in 7.1 but you can use it.

In 7.0 you implement Execute method is still supported in SAP PI 7.1

But changes in SAP PI 7.1 java mapping you can see you need to implement transform method

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/UsingPI7.1APIforJavamapping

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/SampleJAVAMappingcodeusingPI7.1+API