cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Import Problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sdners,

I have a CMDM scenario where records for differnt systems is maintained .

Now when a particular material is extended to other system MDM will send material to both systems i.e in one system it will create the material and in other it will be update the material.

Now PI will send the Material number from both the system in the inbound folder where through a workflow the material no. is updated and status for the material is assigned to active.

Now problem is:

If both the files(from 2 different systems) come at same time in the inbound folder.

As a record can participate only in one workflow at a time.Now MDIS will process one file and workflow is launched .

Now as it process the second file it will fail saying record is participating in workflow.

This we tried to tackle using file aggregation count to 2 so MDIS will process both the files together.

Till here everything is fine

But when files comes at different time from PI (there was a delay of 5 sec),MDIS didnt wait for the next file and processed and whenafter 5 sec it processed the other it again failed.

Is there any way we can watch out how much time MDIS will wait for the next file to come.

or let me know if you have any other idea.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Neethu Joy

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just give a try to MDM slicing feature.

Look MDS.INI parameters in latest MDM Console guide.

BR,

Alok Sharma

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Neethu,

Just a thought, you can give try to BPM in PI. Put second file only after first file is processed. This is just a thought and not sure if this is technically feasible.

Other point, how much time do you think your workflow will take to complete. If it is not that much, then you can write a simple batch script. This batch script will check the first folder, if the file from first folder is moved to archive (which means data is imported) then only using batch script place file in the second ready folder.

I am not sure how this wait requirement can be handled using MDIS. I will give some more time and will think about it. I will let you know if I find anything useful.

Meanwhile, lets wait for MDM experts to comment on this.

- Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shiv for quick reply.

Last option as you said is PI .

But I was thinking if something in MDM can be done .

Lets wait for MDM Experts comment.

Regards,

Neethu Joy

former_member207367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Neethu,

Do you check out the record when it is in the workflow?

If yes, then i think we can achive your requirement using MDM Workflows using a validation and a wait steps.

Under your validation step we can check the record is Checked out or not using expression

[Is CheckOut Version]

and on TRUE pass the record to wait step for a certain time may be a minute and then proceed with your assignmnets.

Workflow design

Start(Check Out) - > Branch(if the validation Is CheckOut Version is FALSE) - >Assignment - > Stop(Check in)

- >Branch (if the validation Is CheckOut Version is TRUE) - > Wait - > Assignemnt - > Stop (Check in)

Please check this scenario and let me know the results as i feel this should solve your problem.

regards

Sowseel