cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search Help - Inputfield

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a requirement where I need to display the key in input field and its corresponding description in the a textview element. Say, i have following values

M - Monday

T - Tuesday

W - Wednesday

Th - Thursday

F- Friday

I have a abap dictionary search help, Zsh_week, that displays this list. Now in my webdynpro abap component, I have an input field which is bound to this search help and I also have a textview (for displaying the text corresponding the inputfield)

Now, when I select a value say, M, I only get value in the input field but not in the description. Is it possible to get the description of key for inputfield without hitting onEnter event.

Thanks!

Abhinav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

saravanan_narayanan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Abhinav,

I think after selecting the value from the search help, modify view method of your view will be called. here you can check whether the inpput field's context attribute is havng a value. If it has then you can default the text in the text view.

BR, Saravanan

Abhinav_Sharma
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Saravanan,

I thought of this approach but then didn't go for it as I have other search helps also for which I want to display the corresponding description. So if check in wdDoModify, then it will be a mess. And also, if user does not click on the search help, then also this code will always be executed as there is no control on this code. I can make a control but then I should know what search help is called? Is it possible to identify which search help is called in wdDoModify?

Thanks!

Abhinav Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav,

You have to create OVS search help to get text after selecting value in f4 help. use WDR_OVS and create

OVS help.

Another way is after selecting value from f4 help, that input field contains onenter event, after selecting value

you have to press enter, and write code to get description in text veiw next to input field.

Write your code in onenter of input field.

Cheers,

Kris.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Search help field name & context binding field name ( Char Length ) Should be same.

When you creating search help give

key field - import & export

description field - export

hope helps you

Regards,

Srini.

Answers (0)