cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SXMB_ADM - Changing the Delete Procedure

christoph_ostrop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in our PI-System (NW-PI-7.00 SP18) the configuration SXMB_ADM of the Delete Procedure

is incorrectly set to "Switch procedure activated" - we do not want this option, but i cannot change it ..........

there is a comment:

+Switch procedure activated+
+Table copies currently being used by the persistence layer+
+Flag is set to switch to simple deletion procedure+

and there are canceled/abborted Archiving-Jobs (ARV_BC_XMB_WRP2011....... ) in SM37

with Joblog-Info:

+Repeat terminated copy job first+
+Job cancelled after system exception ERROR_MESSAGE+

what do i have to do to fix this situation ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Eoin_Kierans
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The issue here appears to be that there is a switch job that is pending completion. Before turning off the switch procedure and before any of the archiving jobs can complete you will have to complete the Switch run that has not completed.

christoph_ostrop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i just want to ask "how to do this" , but i think I have found the answer already

SXMB_MONI

=> Job Overview

=> select the Job with Status incorrect (Copying of Messages Copy-Job)

=> Button Reschedule Terminated Copy Job

after this, the Archiving-Jobs ARV_BC_........... will work again .......

Edited by: Christoph Ostrop on Jul 27, 2011 1:11 PM

Eoin_Kierans
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Once the switch procedure has been completed using the method you have described the archiving job ARV_BC_XMB_WRP<date> should run without difficulties. You should also be able to turn off the use of the switch procedure within SXMB_ADM.

christoph_ostrop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

yes, the archiving job has run and has finish successfully,

but the turnback to the simple delete procedure will only be marked

because in the SXMB_MONI - persistence layer analysis - there is shown that the actual used table has been filled up to 20% (Current Fill Level)

is there any way to force the changing of the delete procedure (from switch back to the simple procedure) immediately.

Eoin_Kierans
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

When you try to deselect the Switch option within SXMB_ADMIN, what occurs? I don't believe the current fill level should affect the deactivation of the switch procedure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/0e/80553b4d53273de10000000a114084/content.htm

If you want to use the Switch Procedure, select the Switch Procedure Activated checkbox. You can do this at any point. The delete jobs react correspondingly, and with immediate effect. However, you can only deactivate the switch procedure when the original tables are active and the counter for the number of deleted records in the original tables is at zero. If this is not the case at the time of configuration, this is noted by the system and the switch procedure is deactivated the next time that table entries are copied from the table copies to the original tables.

Regards,

Giuseppe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

what is the current Container table showing in persistence layer analysis.

is it SXMSPMAST or SXMSPMAST2 ?

Thanks

Kiran Nekkanti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Where can I see this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naveen

h r u. In sxmb_moni

Thanks

Kiran Nekkanti

christoph_ostrop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

>

> what is the current Container table showing in persistence layer analysis.

>

> is it SXMSPMAST or SXMSPMAST2 ?

>

>

> Thanks

> Kiran Nekkanti

SXMB_MONI

Persistence Layer Analysis

Current Configuration:
- Switch Procedure (for Persistence Tables) Activated
- Container 2 is the current container table
- SXMSPMAST2                     is the current master table
- Flag is set to switch to simple deletion procedure

Current Table Load:
- Number of Table Entries                        162.843
- Maximum Number of Table Entries         830.000
- Current Fill Level in %                            20%

is there any way to force the changing of the delete procedure (from switch back to the simple procedure) immediately.

christoph_ostrop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you try to deselect the Switch option within SXMB_ADMIN, what occurs? I don't believe the current fill level should affect the deactivation of the switch procedure.

deaktivate the Switch-Option

save

there is a comment: Flag is set to switch to simple deletion procedure

but as described in:

However, you can only deactivate the switch procedure when the original tables are active and the counter for the number of deleted records in the original tables is at zero.

If this is not the case at the time of configuration, this is noted by the system and the switch procedure is deactivated the next time that table entries are copied from the table copies to the original tables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to se38 and run the program RSXMB_TABLE_SWITCH. it will copy the content from SXMSPMAST2 to SXMSPMAST .

once done with the table switch then go to the sxmb_adm and deactivate the switch procedure and save it.

Thanks

Kiran Nekkanti

christoph_ostrop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

>

> Go to se38 and run the program RSXMB_TABLE_SWITCH. it will copy the content from SXMSPMAST2 to SXMSPMAST .

>

> once done with the table switch then go to the sxmb_adm and deactivate the switch procedure and save it.

>

> Thanks

> Kiran Nekkanti

sorry, but no.

i ran that named program RSXMB_TABLE_SWITCH, a window poped up (with "Reorganisation finished"),

but it is still the same status

Current Configuration:
- Switch Procedure (for Persistence Tables) Activated
- Container 2 is the current container table
- SXMSPMAST2                     is the current master table
- Flag is set to switch to simple deletion procedure

Current Table Load:
- Number of Table Entries                        162.843
- Maximum Number of Table Entries         830.000
- Current Fill Level in %                            20%

deactivation is only "be marked to do", but not yet done.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In SXMB_adm -> Integration Engine Configuration ->configuration parameter DROP_MAX_TABLE_LOAD what is the current value ?

Thanks

Kiran Nekkanti

christoph_ostrop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

>

> In SXMB_adm -> Integration Engine Configuration ->configuration parameter DROP_MAX_TABLE_LOAD what is the current value ?

>

> Thanks

> Kiran Nekkanti

SXMB_ADM, Integration Configuration , there was no entry with parameter DROP_MAX_TABLE_LOAD,

i added a new entry

category DELETION parameter DROP_MAX_TABLE_LOAD with 19%

then i run the program RSXMB_TABLE_SWITCH again,

the execution duration now was not a second as before, but now it takes about 15 minutes,

so the reorganisation is done now.

and now, the switch-deletion procedure is not active !

Thanks a lot.

Answers (0)