cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number Range object skipping numbers SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Number Range object skipping numbers SAP "EINKBELEG" . While creating Purchase order with transaction code me21n, the purchase order is skipping odd numbers. I have checked the transaction code "SNRO" there is no buferring set on the object.

Please help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are multiple users creating Purchase Orders at the same time?

If yes then this is possible. Because Number Range (unique Number) is assigned to Purchase Order at the start of the Transaction (ME21N).

Thus if multiple users are creating Purchase Orders at the same time & some of these users may have not saved the Purchase Order after partially creating it... This may lead to particular Number Range to be skipped as the following number is already assigned to some other Purchase Order.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply, at a time only one user is creating the purchase order and they are not creating it partially, they are completing the purchase order and then making another purchase order.

Thanks

Anil K Hooda

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK. I faced a similar issue at a client place couple of years back.

There are many posts on this matter on SDN, but nothing conclusive (other than Buffering, which you have already checked). I would suggest to take this matter with SAP & they would login to your Production Servers & analyse the issue.

Hope this helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply

Anil Hooda