Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Executing Tag Query: java.net.SocketTimeoutException:Read timed out

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am using MII 12.1 and PCo 2.1

I am getting an error as "java.net.SocketTimeoutException:Read timed out" while executing tag queries from workbench. But PCo is running fine and all the tags also have been configured correctly.

a. Is there any limit of the number of tags which we can configure using PCo?

b. Is it because of the load on PCO ?

c. Is it because of any other network issues?

c. I tried increasing the read timeout seconds on Workbench. But no luck

And many times PCO agent is also getting automatically stopped. And in Services i can see the status of PCo Agent (SAP PLANT CONNECTIVITY (AGENT NAME)) as "stopping" and it conitunes for ever until i restart the Server Machine.

Can anybody please help me out.

I also tried searching on this forum and found a similar question but didnt help me to solve my issue.

[]

[]

Regards

Muzammil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muzammil,

How much time it is taking before timeout??

Have you tries to execute the query through BLS or URL?

Regards

Anshul

0 Kudos

Hi Muzammil,

How many tags are you trying to retrieve?

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anshul,

It hardly takes one minute before displaying the error message. I think there are some configuration settings in NW for that. But increasing the timeout wont serve my pourpose.

Regards

Muzammil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

For testing purpose, I am trying to retrieve 2-3 tags. But there are more than 1400 tags configured in PCo and on real time many times we utilizes the maximum number of tags which is possible to retrieve.

Regards

Muzammil

0 Kudos

Hi Muzammil,

I am pretty sure that there is a limit of 128 tags maximum in a single tag query, so keep that limit in mind when doing a retrieval. If you go to the 12.2, I think the limit rises to 1024 using PCo Queries in place of Tag Queries, but I would test that before implementing just to make sure.

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

In TAG Query, the Max count of tags i am using is less than 128. What i meant is there are more than 1400 tags configured in PCo. And this issue is not coming often. Once in a while or may be twice or thrice in a week.

Is this anything to do with LAN or Other Network Settings?

Regards

Muzammil

0 Kudos

Is there any pattern to the tags queried and the error showing up? How about time of day?

Thanks,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

It is happening everyday and happens 5-10 times a day. sometimes even continues for the whole day.

Normally we uses Current Tag queries and the count of tags will be around 100.

Regards

Muzammil

0 Kudos

Hi Muzammil,

What I really meant was do the tagnames share any characteristics? For instance, do the ones that fail start with a number at the front of the tagname or have a /<somefoldername>/ before the actual tagname?

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mike,

There are no charecteristics as such. The error comes for almost all the tags and groups. The error comes when we are querying more tags say for example around 100 tags. That too, the error is not coming all the time.

Regards

Muzammil.