Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GUI Scripting - security ???

former_member312761
Participant
0 Kudos

I found the information about running SAP GUI scripting on production servers. Why, are there any risks?

BR,

T.

6 REPLIES 6

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The risk of any bulk/automated action lies in the possible creation of multiple errors in a short period of time. System load may be another issue but that's more about background bulk processing.

0 Kudos

OK, thank you for information. Only in the mind a lot of mistakes in a short time?

Is there any documentation about the contraindications to run scripts on a production system?

Regards,

T.

0 Kudos

Hi Jurjen,

I find one interesting SAP Note - 983990 - SAP GUI Scripting security: Enable Scripting per system user, which says the scripting can be enabled for a single user. So I hope it is not much vulnerable as earlier where in the scripting used to be enabled for the app server.

Appreciate your toughts further.

Tomsie - You may also refer the below SAP notes:

Note 692245 - Additional server based security options for Scripting

Note 527737 - Composite SAP note on SAP GUI scripting

Note 612454 - Status and Lifetime

Regards,

Raghu

Edited by: Raghu Boddu on Jul 28, 2011 12:06 PM

0 Kudos

Hi,

Were can we find the Note 612454 - Status and Lifetime.

Am automating SAP GUI 7.20 using QTP 11 and facing an issue. The SAP Gui session gets automatically logged off after 10 minutes. This happens only QTP is opened to automate SAP GUI. Am unable to find where the we can change the settings that SAP gui doesnt logs after 10 minutes.

To be informed if i do not open QTP, The SAP Gui session continues to work without any issue. It is only the SAP Gui scripting with QTP is causing the issue.

Could anyone help me on this

Thanks

Nooruddin

0 Kudos

Please post the question as a new thread since it is not relevant to this question.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is possible to prevent scripts from being run against a specific SAP system and can be desirable as protect mission critical data from being corrupted or downloaded.