cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smd agent stopped (exitcode = -11112)

0 Kudos

hello,

i installed sap erp 6.0 based on netweaver 7.0 abap & java on windows server 2008. the erp system works fine, but i wanted to connect it with the netweaver developer studio which is installed on my local computer.

netweaver devoloper studio throws an error:

27.07.2011 09:43:06 /userOut/deploy (com.sap.ide.eclipse.sdm.threading.DeployThreadManager) [Thread[Deploy Thread,5,main]] ERROR:

[002]Deployment aborted

Deployment exception : Cannot determine sdm host (is empty). Please configure your engine/sdm correctly !

so i looked at my netweaver system and saw that the smd agent is stopped.

developer trace:

[Thr 2816] JHVM_LoadJavaVM: Java VM created OK.

JHVM_BuildArgumentList: main method arguments of node [SMDAgent]

-> arg[ 0]: run

-> arg[ 1]: jcontrol

[Thr 2816] Tue Jul 26 15:52:44 2011

[Thr 2816] JHVM_RegisterNatives: registering methods in com.sap.bc.proj.jstartup.JStartupFramework

[Thr 2816] JLaunchISetState: change state from [Initial (0)] to [Waiting for start (1)]

[Thr 2816] JLaunchISetState: change state from [Waiting for start (1)] to [Initial (0)]

[Thr 2816] JLaunchISetState: change state from [Initial (0)] to [Starting (2)]

[Thr 2944] JLaunchIExitJava: exit hook is called (rc = -11112)

[Thr 2944] **********************************************************************

• ERROR => The Java VM terminated with a non-zero exit code.

• Please see SAP Note 943602 , section 'J2EE Engine exit codes'

• for additional information and trouble shooting.

[Thr 2944] JLaunchCloseProgram: good bye (exitcode = -11112)

the given sap note did not help me. the smd system is still yellow on the sap management console.

has anybody an idea what is wrong?

thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

well, i solved the problem.

i had to change the message server port from 3601 to 3901 (in the netweaver developer studio)

0 Kudos

oh, i just recognized that i looked after the wrong error.

the error from the netweaver developer studio says:

Cannot determine sdm host (is empty). Please configure your engine/sdm correctly

so it says sdm, not smd

on the management console under my erp instance i see that sdm is running (green). so the yellow smd is not the problem.

there has to be another problem

0 Kudos

well, i installed the erp system and worked with it for tests. then i wanted to connect my new installed netweaver developer studio with it and got the error message. so i looked on the server in the management console and saw that smd was yellow. i tried to restart it, same, so i restart the server, same.

i'm gonna look after the jvm parameters, but i do not think that this is the reason, because in the log message is said:

JHVM_LoadJavaVM: Java VM created OK.

former_member182655
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

Could you tell what actions you performed before saw the error?

I my opinion provided notes don't give a solution ofter because this error code desribes a wide number of problems.

For example, I saw this code when some of my java user had wrong password, then I saw this error when our directories were mounted incorrectly and, of course, problem with memory tuning.

Regards,

Artem Ivashkin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii,

Can you please check the JVM parmeter value and set Xms nd Xmx value to 1024 MB.

Regards

Pranay

0 Kudos

where can i check the value? i tried to set the value with

java -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m

but i think it did not work, because i get an information about the usage of java commands