Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there auth object which can restrict users to modify timezone

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi team,

I am looking auth settings where i can allow users to modify other users timezone settings with out using S_USER_GRP.

thanks

VJ

Edited by: Vijaya Damera on Jul 27, 2011 10:42 AM

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

If you are speaking about the personal time zone, you can ask the users to set their own time zone using transaction code SU3.

However, if you wish to give authroziation to change time zone of other users, you may need to look at customizing options. May be a custom transaction code with screen variants may help you to quickly achieve this.

Regards,

Raghu

0 Kudos

This is for a service account where the ID can modify other dialog users time zone.

thanks

VJ

0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

Okay. Then why you want to restrict the authorization??

Regards,

Raghu

0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

If i give access to S_USER_GRP with 01 and 02 it can modify more than the time zone right, so my question is can we restrict it only these fields like timezone alone.

if there is no other way we can restrict with out using S_USER_GRP then do we have any other options.

thanks

VJ

0 Kudos

Hi Vijaya,

No. There is no other authorization object that controls the time zone field alone.

Regards,

Raghu