SAP for Higher Education and Research Discussions
Spark conversations about student engagement, research optimization, and administrative efficiency using SAP in higher education and research. Join in!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIQCAM academic calendar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

I m trying to define a summer school educational period. I defined the sub-period (application, admission, education etc) in the customizing.

In PIQCAM, I choose the related academic year and session, system list all the sub-period and I define start and end date for all sub-period.

but when I want to save it, an error message (5A092 Error while adding) appears....

what can I do to solve this error? what could be the reason?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member182585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the following IMG settings:

1. Check Authorization

2. Top Org unit IMG;

3. Academic years in IMG

4. Academic sessions in IMG

5. Time Limits

If everything is OK than go ahead and check number range for CA object . It should be set to internal.

Hope this will resolve ur issue.

Regards

Vinod

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

former_member182585
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the following IMG settings:

1. Check Authorization

2. Top Org unit IMG;

3. Academic years in IMG

4. Academic sessions in IMG

5. Time Limits

If everything is OK than go ahead and check number range for CA object . It should be set to internal.

Hope this will resolve ur issue.

Regards

Vinod

0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

i follow your advises, but got error again.

authorization check OK

and all the other customizing is completed.

top organizational unit maintained in the customizing,

in master data of top org. unit; academic calendar assigned with

rel'ship and rel' id A510

related object type "Academic calendar"

priority " ".

top org. unit is valid between 09.2011 and 12.9999 but ac. cal valid just for two months 09.2011-11.2011

for top org unit only "object, relationship and acct. assignment features" are maintained.

is any of these could be reason for error?

0 Kudos

hi,

I handled this problem just before, it was because of the delimiting requirement of the realtionships infotype.

0 Kudos

Ls,

By standard the end date is automatically adjusted tothe high end date. If not an error would be thrown as you had stated

above in your initial question.

It is advisable to have a calendar valid till the high end date.

In case you do not want to use the calendar (say you want the calendar to end by 2010 and not use it in 2011), then the best suggestion would be to NOT create entries for dates of 2011 in the calendar. So now the student who wants to re-register in 2011 can use another calendar which is having data for 2011.

Hope this helps.

Rob