Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to RFC - XSLT Mapping after RFC structure has changed

MG3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm an XI beginner, and am looking at a File to RFC scenario which has been implemented in our 7.0 system.

We have a requirement to add a new field to the RFC (which has already been done by the ABAPer) and I need to make the necessary changes in XI. So I have re-imported the RFC and added a field in Data Type (we had file content conversion and we have manually defined the Data Types).

For mapping - is there a way to utilise the existing XSLT mapping without having to re-do the entire mapping in Stylus Studio? Is there an easy way to just add one additional field in Stylus Studio? or do I have to edit the xsl manually?

Thanks

Manoj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can reimport the existing XSLT .zip file into stylusstudio and make the changes and again save as .zip and reimport the file.

Or

The other way is you can add your new Source and target XSD into stylus studio and map for that particular fiels and convert to XSL and you can add the change to the existing XSL and then zip and import into PI.

Thanks & Regards

Naveen

MG3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All

Thanks for your response.

Naveen - do you mean import the current XSLT file into Stylus Studio and perform a graphical mapping there? I can open the xsl in SS and when I access the Mapping tab, I don't see anything. I tried to add the Message Type XSD as source and RFC WSDL as target and I saw the mappings and the functions in the middle pane, but the mappings don't seem to be complete as there are no links from the source to the target (just from the middle mapping screen/pane to the target).

Could you please give me more information?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Manoj

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Import your Source and Traget structure and perfrom mapping Stylus Studi,it will genarate XSLT Mapping program.

But best approach is enhacning yoour current XSLT mapping program as per new structure would be right idea,for this you required basic XSLT programming skils.

Regards,

Raj

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Manoj,

Let me explain you....

1.Take the old XSL file into anote pad

2.now import your newly modified source and target XSD and import into SS

3.Perform the xslt mapping for the newly added source and target field

4.generate the XSL for this mapping

5.Now take the lines which mapped (Do not take all the lines in the generated XSL) and copy these few lines mapped

6.Now go to the old XSL in the notepad and add the lines copied from the new XSL

Now try to paste the entire XSL in SS then you would be able to see all the fields mapped in SS IF yes then you are done with XSLT mapping.

Regards,

Naveen.

MG3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, Raj, for your suggestion. Yes, understanding XSLT surely helps, and I'm already working out some examples on w3schools.

Hi Naveen

Thanks, I understand what you mean now. I'll try this and get back to you.

Regards

Manoj

MG3
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, Naveen. That worked well.

Regards

Manoj

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do changes in XSLT file also from Xslt tool provided in PI's ESR, or simply make changes in StyleStudio and re-import xslt.zip file into ESR

former_member854360
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have very good knowledge in XSLT then you can easily modify the XSLT file in Notepad.

Otherwise give this task to Stylus studio he will do it for you.