cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help in Shipping point.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a scenario... we are selling water and soda. It is shown like the materials is received here at our plant and sold from here.. but in most cases it is taken directly from the manufacturer and supplied to customers

So, my client wanst to know which batch has gone from our stock and from manufacturer

If I maintain difefrent shipping point, is it fine? will it have any implications on MM?

when I enter sales order, i dont know from where is is going to be shipped. say half from system determined shipping point

I created a delivery with that. Now rest shud be from other shipping point. I have maintained it als oin OVL2

But without editing sales order, when I try creating with other Shipping point system is showing "Delivery not possible"

If I change the shipping point in sales order, it works. But person sitting in plant cant edit sales order

Any idea?

Regards,

Anbu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Anbu,

From the incompletion log, take off the 'shipping point'.

Then in the shipping point determination, maintain 2 manual shipping points .

One for your plant and second for your manufacturer.

You have to create 2 seperate deliveries for this order .

Check and revert back.

Thanks & Regards,

Hegal K Charles

Edited by: Hegal . K . Charles on Jul 27, 2011 12:45 PM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Anbu,

A similar thread is active right nnow in the forum.

See, in Sales Order for each line item you can have only one Shipping point (you can change this shipping point based on Manual Shipping Point defined in OVL2). But the bottom line is that in one line item there can be only one Shipping point & this Shipping Point Cannot be change at Delivery Level.

I understand that your Plant person will not have authorization to change Sales Order, but there is no other option.

The solution can be:

Create a Sales Order with two line Item of same material. Maintain different Shipping Points for each of the line items.

Now the Plant person can create Delivery for each Shipping Point based on Actual Quantity dispatches.

The balance quanty in Sales Order can be closed by person having Sales Order change Authorization.

Example:

Say you have to deliver 100 Tons of Material A to Customer.

In Sales Order create two line Item with Quantities like this:

Line Item 1 Material A 70 Tons - Shipping Point 1

Line Item 2 Material A 70 Tons - Shipping Point 2

Now the PLant person can deliver like this:

Line Item 1 - 45 Tons

Line Item 2 - 55 Tons.

The balance quantity in Sales Order can be closed once quantity of 100 tons is Delivered to Customer by entering Reason for Rejection.

Hope this Helps,

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I hope material is maintained at both plants,in that case create a sale order like for first line item plant + shipping point,and enter the same item in second line item here plant and shipping point is different so material is delivered form both plants as per the customer desired quantity.

here based on shipping point delivery split will take place in delivery.

hope you understand the case

thanks

Vinayak