cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This function is not possible-SAP gui error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of our sap user faces an error while trying to logon to the system. The error message is "This function is not possible". SAP GUI version is 710, patch level 11. Following are the steps that we have done so far

uninstalled and re-installed SAP GUI 710

reinstalled the OS. Formatted the drives and installed SAP GUI 720.

The error msg still pops up even after installing the GUI 720. A search on this topic led to SAP GUI shortcuts. However, the OS re-installation and the GUI 720 fresh installation should have resolved the problem. We are able to ping and telnet to the SAP servers from the affected PC. Has anyone encountered this error before?. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As the next step I would ask the user to try from a different PC, and also ask another user to try from the PC in question.

This way you will find out whether the problem is related to the computer/SAPGUI or to the user profile.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joe,

Sorry,I didnt mention that in my earlier post. The issue is isolated to this PC as none of the other users are able to login from this PC and the user who was using this PC is able to login to other PCs. The PC is on Windows XP, SP2. Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try Enabling the GUI Trace and paste the log files.

you can enable trace using Options>Trace functions.

Further you can try upgrading to latest patch.

Thanks,

Balaji.S

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes. I have seen this issue in past. What i did, i just removed the GUI from the system then i deleted the directory also and removed the GUI information from the registry then i rebooted the window and installed again Gui and Patch and after that it was resolved. I dont know what was the reason behind but i was able to sort it out on this way.

Regards,

Subhash