cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What does "clear side margin" option in PCL used for?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have problem with the right end of the document not printed. In print preview, it's all OK.

Does adding "clear side margin" in the format help?

Or can you suggest other alternative? It's a PCL6 printer actually.

Edited by: e.castro on Jul 27, 2011 12:21 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since your print preview is OK,Check the page margin and size in your printer setting.

Jshree

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This seems to be the problem described in SAP note 101266. Can you try adjusting the horizontal position in the output device that you use to create the spool via transaction SPAD as follows:

SPAD -> Output Devices -> <Output Device> -> 'Output attributes' tab -> Additional Smartform and Sapscript information -> Horizontal Movement:

Try using e.g. -5mm in the field 'Horizontal Movement'. After this you need to create a new spool and checkt he result.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan,

I tried it, but the print output is still the same.

Could it be the "zero margin" i set in the format is redundant with the "horizontal movement" setting?

Wait a minute,

wouldn't a new spool request would have a new spool number?

Edited by: e.castro on Aug 1, 2011 8:43 PM

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes, you need to create a new spool number. It won't work to reprint the existing spool because it already has the incorrect internal spool data.

regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aidan,

Yes, a new spool has been created.

This is a horizontal printing. At first, the left side is OK, right side of the printing is truncated.

After the said adjustment, the left side printing started bit nearer to the page border but truncated (some characters on the left is now missing). Right side of the printing now has more empty space but still truncated at the same position like before.

Can you further advice on this?

Thanks.

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is this a sapscript form or smartform. You probably need to check the size of the windows and the margins in the form against

the size of the actual paper used. But with PCL, there will always be an additional unprintable area and this is depending on the printer used. It may help to reduce margins of windos to zero in the form.

regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

By reducing the margin to zero, do you mean by editing the PCL script in the format?

aidan_black
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I meant in the form that it used to create the spool. If you are using a sapscript form or a smartform, there are margins andwindow sizes set here.

Regards,

Aidan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have no access to the sapscript / smartform, as it falls under the ABAPers responsibility.

What I did from my side is to add printer control command in the printer initialization to clear the side margin.

It's not working though. Same print out.

Is there any difference between the "clear side margin" and "zero top margin" & "zero side margin"?

Also, I'm wondering if there's any command that I could add in the printer initialization to shrink the printout a little bit?

Edited by: e.castro on Aug 5, 2011 11:27 AM

0 Kudos

Hi,

Did you find the solution for this.

Thanks,

Guru.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It was already set to zero margin.

I'm thinking now to tweak the format DINA4... is that possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can either go with landscape format or you can create a custom page format in SPAD

Jshree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yup, already did so.

Just wondering if there's anyone good with PCL language, so possibly I could move the left margin to be more near to the corner.

I have already set to zero margin using PCL but it's not helping!

Edited by: e.castro on Jul 27, 2011 9:35 PM