cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unmapped Fields in Syndicator & PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working on MDM 7.1 SP5 Vendor Master Implementation. We are maintaining all the SAP data in MDM and there is no manual intervenation at SAP ECC

So we have used standard repository , CREMDM04 as XSD and the standard process code for IDOC

Later Business has decided to maintain only one field Search Term 2 directly in SAP ECC and not part of MDM

So i have unmapped that field in the Syndication map, and also in the PI mapping .

When we syndicate the data from MDM to SAP, the IDOC overrides the search term 2 directly maintained in SAP ECC

When i checked in the IDOC posted to ECC, this field SORT2 is not part of it.

As a workaround, though SORT2 is part of only ADRMAS, still i have passed / though it is not mapped. But no luck

Could you kindly help me to resolve this

Regards,

Antony

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member207367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

As i know we should not remove and Fields which are in ADRMAS segments when you are processing data through IDOC. if you remove a field in your case SORT2 IDOC will definetly overwrite those values with blank when it is posted in ECC.

For this there is an SAP Note1052964, under Existing Data is deleted in ERP (R/3) after the IDoc Inbound (Exteme End of the Note)

Existing Data is deleted in ERP (R/3) after the IDoc Inbound

The delivered SAP repositories do not cover all of the fields available in ERP (R/3). If you distribute Master Data to ERP (R/3) the default IDoc might contain fields that you cannot fill with data from MDM.
The ALE inbound function modules treat each IDoc segment as a current set of data. Missing fields (or fields that have no data) are interpreted as a value deletion. To keep the existing value for a single field, you have to add a no-data sign as field value. This no-data sign is a single slash (/).
Example:

<Name>This is a name</Name> would post the value "This is a name" into the first name field.
<Name></Name> would delete the existing value of the first name field.
<Name>/</Name> would keep the existing value of the first name field.
Note:
the no-data sign functionality is implemented for the CREMAS and DEBMAS IDocs only. The ADRMAS Idoc should always contain a complete set of address data!

In my previous project we had the same kind of requirement and then we did a work around in PI which retrives the field value which is missing in the ADRMAS Segment and concatenates that segment in to the IDOC which is coming from MDM and then it posts the IDOC .

Hope this helps you...

regards

Sowseel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sowseel,

Thanks for the information!

Can you please detail the workaround you did.

Thanks,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sowseel,

Thanks for your response..

Can you please tell me the workaround in PI which will be helpful

Regards,

Antony

former_member207367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

It was done in PI using a functiion Module BAPI_CUSTOMER_GETLIST which retrives the Address details of the customer master from ECC and in the XSLT mapping some changes were done to add the retrived address details,i donot know the technicalities of it... please check with your PI team how to change the XSLT mapping in this kind of scenarios.

regards

Sowseel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sowseel,

Thanks for your response.. I am working on vendor master implementation and i dont find a functional module for vendor to retreive the address.

Can you please guide

Regards,

Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A custom function is written in PI while mapping, it also includes the logic to RFC the vendor/customer related data using standard function moudles or BAPI's. Then you can do the mapping with the retrived filed values to fill in the spaces.

pls check with in ECC for vendor related function modules, tcode(SE37, BAPI), or check with ur ecc team for the function module for retriving the vendor data when parameters like vendor number, account group etc is passed.

also the address details for vendors/customers is one and the same, as the address is fetched from ADRC which has no direct link with the vendor/customer table. a refrence field address number is listed in the master data tables(eg LFA1) and this field links to the ADRC table.

rgds,

ve

former_member207367
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

Check the Funciton module BAPI_CREDITOR_GETDETAIL but there is a problem in this standard function module, it wont retrive the field value searchtem2 (SORT2).

I think you need to change the code of the function module for your requirement... give it a try hope this should solve your problem

regards

Sowseel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks All for the response.

I will check with the ABAP & PI team to get it implemented

Thanks & Regards,

Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,