cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost Matching? How to use DP91?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alright so I just recently started using SAP for work. And I'm not very familiar with the concept of "cost matching", or "matching time".

Here is the scenario. My company will record revenue/expenses right when it occurs. So we may be expecting a certain expense, we will record it in SAP even before we have actual proof of it.

When the expense does come in, we have to do something called cost matching. We are asked to go into DP91 to do this. Going into DP91 will bring an entire list of amounts correlated to that specific job, and we have to "zero out" the top rows which in essence brings the account to balance.

This involves putting in certain amounts into certain rows to reject that cost and to bring the final balance to zero.

This is as best as I can describe it. Any help clarifying this? majorly confused...

Thanks alot

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

DP91 is for create resource related billing

Example :

You have sales order for sale of material AIR Conditions

But some time customer needs to installation services so you need to send your technicians at customer side and install for this you have to create service order for installing that material

In this scenario customer agreed to pay for material + installation charges + traveling charges etc

Now material price is in sales order but other charges like installations + traveling will come from service order

so you have to create billing request for installation + traveling charges in DP91

Then at last combine sales order + billing request and finally create invoice

Kapil