cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDES - ECC & SCM Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I need your guidance on installing this two IDES version [ECC & SCM] on my server.

51037623_1 to 27 IDES ERP 6.04/NW 7.01 Inst. Export 1 to 27

51037625_1 to 7 IDES SAP SCM 7.0 Installation Export 1 to 7

I'm planning to use Oracle as DB & windows 2003.

Do I need to install oracle seperatly? or does it comes along with the ERP Ides?

If I need to install Oracle, can you please recommend the version and where to download it from as well?

Do I need Solution manager?

If any one of you can provide me some detailed instructions on how to install these two ides versions and connect each other, that would be very helpfull.

please advise

Thanks

nate

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For oracle installation, it wil ask in your SAP installation time ..

Please download the oracle cds through service.sap.com/downloads.

Read the ECC6.0 - SCM installation guide.

Regards

Pranay

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nathaan,

As you said that you are using Windows 2003 server as OS then you need to install Oracle database before installing SAP.

Download DVD 51031678_1 to 5 ORACLE RDBMS 10.2

Once Oracle is completly installed use your SAP Installation Master to install ECC and SCM system.

Yes, Solution Manager system would bbe needed to generate the installation keys.

I hope you are clear about the process now.

Regards,

Shobhit Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for your reply.

Is there an Solution manager IDES version available for download? If so, can you please let me know where I can download it from? DO I need to Install solution manager after ECC & SCM is installed or before?

Please advise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nathaan,

Please understand that you will have to instal Solution manager before you install ECC or SCM system.

there is no IDES available for Solution manager.

You can download it from this path

SAP Technology Components->SAP SOLUTION MANAGER->SAP SOLUTION MANAGER 7.0 EHP 1

Once Solution Manager is installed .. go ahead with your ECC and SCM installation and generate the key using SolMan.

Let me know in case you have any doubts

Cheers !!

Shobhit Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nathaan,

I just noticed that you are installing IDES version of ECC and SCM .. not the production system.

There is a happy news for you, you need not to install Solution manager in this case for getting a Installation key ....you can raise a message with SAP at component XX_SER_SMKEY and that shall be enough to get your key.

So go ahead and enjoy your IDES ECC and SCM installation.

Cheers !!

Shobhit Garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nate,

Please check http://service.sap.com/instguides -> SAP Business Suite Applications -> SAP ERP/SCM.

Check the master guide, component installation guide and configuration guides for installation and inter system connections procedures.

You will need a solution manager to generate the installation keys for ERP and SCM systems, so best to keep solution manager at hand first.

Regards,

Srikishan