cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Guidance for LDAP Active Directory Configuration : Sourcing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are in the process of having the MS AD configuration done for our Sourcing application. We are still in Sandbox environment.

What we did:

We completed all the setting for MS AD LDAP configuration and were able to pull data fom the AD for a particular User Id.

My question is :

1.When I create a Buyer Side user account , I go to Account Management tab and click on Reassign to Directory Account , wherein the required data is pulled, why ' Synch Account with Directory ' button disabled or it is just a text.

2. Inspite of AD config, we still do the security role assignement in Sourcing right ?

Regards,

Pankaj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1. Sync Account with Directory allows to to synchronize the directory account with the E Sourcing user account. For example, you might do this after making changes to either account.so lets say you want to modify UserID.This field cannot be edited after account creation. To edit a user ID, you must edit it in the directory (if permitted by the directory) and then click Synch Account with Directory.

Plz see Sync Account with Directory would not be activated while you are creating the account. So once you have created the account, save it, come out and open it again. You would see it as activated now.

2. LDAP is just used to store user name and password for authentication purpose. security profiles has to be maintained in e sourcing user account.

Regards

Mudit Saini