cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payroll schema - C1 table

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, we are doing cost assignment on infotype 2002 and this is updated in the C1 table during time evaluation. But when the payroll runs, under the IMPRT B2, only ZL table is imported. C1 table is coming out as blank in the payroll schema!!! I am clueless as to what might be causing this. Your help is highly appreciated.

Thanks, Annie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Please go to Time Eval Result and look at ZL entries for those dates matching with pay period you're running, and see if field C1 (in ZL) has a value other than '0000'. It could be that on these dates, there're no cost assignment for entries in ZL (i.e. C1 entries in B2 cluster is for the whole month, and could be linked to dates outside of pay period).

Rgds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ted.

I checked ZL. 0000 is displayed under C1 field. Is there a way I could have the C1 updated with the entries from ITY 2002 cost assignment?

Thanks again for your helpful insight.

Annie.

0 Kudos

Annie :

What it means is either there currently is no cost assignment for the entries in IT2002 in those dates, or that the cost assignments were keyed in after time already evaluated. If it's the later scenario, you can re-run time eval.

Rgds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ted, thanks again.

I made sure the time eval ran after the udpate of the record. I am able to see cost assginment (WBS, Funds) in ITY 2002. The C1 table is also showing the entries but ZL doesn't have the entries under the C1 field.

I also checked the PCL 03 of the wage type. Changed it to spec 1. But it didnt update the C1 fields.

Appreciate further help on this.

Annie.L

0 Kudos

Normally, C1 entries in time cluster only exist if there's something in ZL that points to it, whether it's IT2001 or IT2002. Can

you try to run time eval in test mode for the day that IT2002 has cost assignment to it. Go to P2002 statement in the log for that day and see if in output section, C1 field in TIP table has a value other than '0000'.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ted, I do see an entry in C1 field in TIP. Now when I run the payroll, the C1 is not getting filled. This is the message I see when I expand IMPRT B2...

Import payroll result from cluster B2

Cluster contains table ZL, data entered by RPTIME

Cluster B2 key 804101992011011 imported to ZL.

Thanks much for any inputs at this point.

Annie.

0 Kudos

If it shows up in TIP, then C1 field should be populated in ZL time cluster. Re-run time eval in production mode, force retro to this date, and view time cluster to see if C1 field has value in ZL. If yes, re-run payroll after that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ted,

Thanks so much for your help.

I ran the time eval and noticed that the C1 field in ZL is 0000. The C1 table has been correctly updated with the cost assignment information entered in ITY 2002. Apparently, payroll is only importing ZL and is coming up empty in the C1 field because time cluster passed 0000 in the C1 field. What is perplexing to me is that, IMPRT B2 in payroll schema is supposed to import ALPZLC1 but it is only importing ZL although C1 has entries in the time cluster.

Any inputs highly appreciated.

0 Kudos

'IMPRT B2' ONLY brings C1 entries in time cluster over to C1 table in payroll cluster for entries in ZL having C1 value other than '0000' (i.e. pointer from ZL to C1 table) .

I don't think the problem is in payroll site, but more in time. You'll have to check if any ZL entries for that month has C1 value other than '0000', as it doesn't make sense that C1 tables has entries, but no records at all in ZL pointing to it.

Rgds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ted,

In my testing, I only entered the cost center for one day for a pay period 07/15 - 07/30. I entered the cost assignment information on day 07/20. Only one entry is present when I access the PT66 ZL for year 2011. I ran time eval retro from 07/01 up to 07/30. The ZL had NO pointer to cost accounting under C1 field when accessing B2 cluster. The C1 Cost Distribution table has been populated with the reciever cost center, reciever WBS element I passed to ITY 2002 via CAT2 profile. When I run the payroll the C1 table is not populated at all.

How can I get the cost accounting pointer C1 field filled in the ZL table for the time wage type? Also, I am mystified as to why the C1 table that is present in the B2 cluster never gets imported in the payroll schema.

I am trying to set up the cat2 profile to transfer each hours entered to a specifica wbs element. We are not setting up any activity types, hence I used the Cost accounting variant " assignment of costs to receiver object '. This is passing the information and filling the fields in ITY 2002 cost assignemt successfully but in the posting to FI, all the hours are getting posted to the cost center assigned to the position.

Is there a way I can set priority to ITY 2002 cost assignment instead of what is in the infotype 1 inherited from the position?

Thanks much for helping me thus far,

Annie

0 Kudos

As mentioned earlier, 'IMPRT B2' in payroll schema does not seem to be the problem. SAP only imports C1 entries (in time eval) if imported ZL entries have pointers to C1 (i.e. C1 entries in time eval is for the whole month, and they could be used by ZL entries not suppposed to be imported to payroll (e.g. semi-monthtly); therefore, it's not necessary to import these entries).

You'll need to run time eval for 07/20, and see why TIP table (after P2002 statement) has C1 field populated, but some

how drops this field when copying over to DZL table (e.g. GWT A DZL). Check if C1 field in TIP still has value in 'INPUT' of

this statement.

Rgds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ted, I checked the time schema and untill the part where the load day hours to time types, the last available TIP table has the C1 pointers in it. At the "Create time wage type" is the place where the C1 pointers are dropped.

Among the several custom rules, the following rule is creating the wage type in the DZL table that follows. And this is where the C1 pointers go missing. The C1 pointers before this are found in TIP.

ZWT1 3 **** HRS=D2113 Set

ZWT1 3 **** NEXTR A Next Row

ZWT1 3 **** HRS?0 Decision op. HRS

ZWT1 3 **** * ADDZL 1800 Add to table ZL

ZWT1 3 **** * NEXTR A Next Row

ZWT1 3 **** * PAYTP 5 Set ESG for PCR

The DZL table that follows....doesn't have any C1 pointers in it.

Table DZL 0823452 Mechanic D900

Date From To Wage type IT ALP C1 AB Number

08/01/2011 1000 Regular Salary 1.0000

08/01/2011 1800 Regular Hourly Rate 2.0000

I am not sure if OUTZL operation on cost split here would help...

Thanks!

Annie.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ted, I am copying the TIP table here.

Table TIP 01028322 Sign Language Interp C4556

From To 1 P ID CT P TTyp BR ER C O I BPin EPin PT ALP C1 AB Number

13.0000 14.0000 0 3 01 02 P 2113 P 0001 1.0000

14.0000 15.0000 0 3 01 02 P 2113 P 0002 1.0000

16.0000 17.0000 0 3 01 02 P 2113 P 0003 1.0000

P is under column O

0001-0003 is under column C1

1.0000 is under column Number.

Thanks!

Annie

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you use standard time wagetype generation(T555Y and V_T510S) the C1 is still existing and getting transferred to payroll.

Let me check if there is another function that retains C1 split when you use ADDZL

I just rechecked with ADDZL in timeschema...system is storing the C1 split as it. When during the IMPRT B2 ..both the wagetypes generate thro GWT or ADDZL has their exact C1 split.

Edited by: Amosha on Aug 2, 2011 12:19 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you comment the below 2 lines and then try.

ZWT1 3 **** * NEXTR A Next Row

ZWT1 3 **** * PAYTP 5 Set ESG for PCR

Edited by: Amosha on Aug 2, 2011 12:35 PM

Edited by: Amosha on Aug 2, 2011 12:35 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

this PCR logic is incorrect!!!!!

You are just transferring the HRS to time type and generating a wagetype for that hrs!!!!!

Please create a new PCR like below:

( in tree structure view)

ZWT1

COLOP *

ADDZL 1800

PAYTP 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi amosha, I tried to call another rule with the COLOP but I am not quite sure if this would pass the C1 splits to ZL. It sure does get the hours correctly.

We are not using T510S table at the moment. Creation of wage type, overtime wage types are all done directly in a big fat rule in the schema.

I was specifically looking at the wage type 1800....and this is directly getting created from the hours as you observed. I am wondering if there is any function/operation out there where the C1 pointer can be queried in TIP and then written to the DZL.

Annie

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. COLOP * --> is to keep the tip table as it for time types other than 2113. * Dont Call PCR with COLOP*

2. The above mentioned PCR does not require the t510s config

3.I'm not sure if there is any function that would transfer C1 pointer to your wagetypes...even if it was there it would

not be easy one step use.

4. Try to use the PCR I have given..create it as ZWTZ. Please make change only for 1800 wagetype then check it works in your system. If it works ..then change the big fat PCRs logic. Open a new thread for that.

If my PCR has helped you to get the C1 , then give me the full feedback for this or the other thread.Then Open a new thread for the big fat PCR..

Edited by: Amosha on Aug 2, 2011 3:34 PM

Edited by: Amosha on Aug 2, 2011 3:41 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amosha, I appreciate you helping me but please try and be less sarcastic. You rule doesn't work. Please refrain from responding to my threads.

Note: I know that I cant call a big fat rule with a COLOP because I have read the documentation for the COLOP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Annie..I'm not being sarcastic! I take 5 mins break in between my work to come to SDN and type fast without reviewing my response.I'm sorry if in any way offended you.

Answers (0)