cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What steps are required to migrate GTS to ECC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone assessed and/or executed the migration from a standalone GTS instance to a consolidated instance where ECC and GTS are deployed?

Our current solution is based on ECC 5.0 and GTS 3.0 which are installed in separate Abap stacks. As part of our infrastructure consolidation we are hoping to integrate GTS into ECC.

If you have performed this migration do you have useful time estimates that you might be able to share?

Joe Love

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christin_angus
Active Participant
0 Kudos

GTS is a standalone system and cannot be 'migrated' to ECC.

You can run GTS and ECC in one system, but they have to be in different clients.

We still recommend to run it on different systems though.

Best regards,

Christin Angus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Christin,

Is that recommendation based on performance constraints or is there a functional or specific reason for that recommendation? We are looking to consolidate as many instances and underlying infrastructure components as possible during our upgrade and application consolidation is a part of that approach.

If you can point me in the direction of specific OSS notes, etc. that I can use to communicate SAP's recommendation that would be very helpful.

Joe

Edited by: Joe Love II on Aug 2, 2011 10:39 PM

christin_angus
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

as far as I know this is also part of the installation guidelines that SAP provides.

The reason is that the transfer of the data from R/3 to GTS is made via RFC calls.

This is not possible if both is in the same system.

So please at least use different clients for GTS and R/3.

Best regards,

Christin

Answers (0)