cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revenue Recognition Forecast Based on Quotations

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement to create a revenue recognition forecast based on the open quotations. These quotations linked to opportunities are open for some time before being signed and provide a good basis for forecasting revenue recognition in upcoming quarters. We have many revenue recognition methods here including time based, service based, collection based, POD, and POC. I don't see much useful standard functionality in SD revenue recognition nor in results analysis for creating these forecasts from quotes.

The SD revenue schedules in tables VBREV* are not generated on quotation document lines nor on items that are not billing relevant. RA can be run in planning mode, but it is a secondary process on the saved data in CO on a cost object that must be run individually for each future period.

Not only do we need the Revrec forecast, but we want to simulate changes to our quotes and projects and immediately see the affect on Revrec. I am about to create a custom development within sales document processing to create the Revrec forecasts in a rough manner in a Z table. Before I start to code, I am curious to know if anyone else has had such requirement and has better ideas of how to accomplish this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Karl,

The Best Practices document in the Note 1172799 provides details regarding all the SAP supported processes for RR functionality.

Regards,

Raghavendra