Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization check to restrict TP Release

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Requirement: Users should be able to create transports but should not be able to release it.

Work Done: The users have only one role (configuration role). Disabled the following authorization objects from the role:

s_cts_admi

s_cts_lang

s_cts_sadm

And authorization object S_TRANSPRT is restricted to Create/Maintain/Display activity.

Issue: The user even then can create and release transorts. Traced the user and found there is a check for S_DATASET for activity 34 during the TP release. Now when we take off ACTVT 34 from S_DATASET the user cannot create transport request.

Please help.

Thanking you in advance,

Regards

MK

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I doubt on s_cts_admi. Check user buffer thoroughly.

Regards,

Arpan Paik

5 REPLIES 5

martin_voros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you sure that use does not have authorization for activity 43 for S_TRANSPRT? If you display authorization buffer of that user in SU56 what can you see there for this object? What did you get in authorization trace for this object?

Cheers

0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply. I have checked and absolutely sure S_TRANSPRT does not have activity 43. The Trace show check in S_DATASET for activity 33 and 34 and S_TRANSPRT for activity 03 (display). I have also raised a message with SAP regarding the same. I will appreciate if you can try in your sandbox system also the same thing.

Regards

MK

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I doubt on s_cts_admi. Check user buffer thoroughly.

Regards,

Arpan Paik

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check that the object s_sys_rwbo does not have access to the activity 01,02 or 43.

It should sort your issue.

Thanks,

Arjun

0 Kudos

That worked...thanks alot Arjun

Regards

MK