Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting the name of the program or the FM called from security audit log

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dears,

Is there a way to get the name of the ABAP program called through transaction SE38, or the FM called through transaction SE37, from the security audit log ?

What is available is only : RSABAPPROGRAM for transaction SE38, and RSFUNCTIONBUILDER for transaction SE37

Thanks.

Reda

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have an option called "Report start" in SM19 that audits the ABAP program execution.

Regards,

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu,

Indeed, but it only gives the name : RSABAPPROGRAM for transaction SE38, and RSFUNCTIONBUILDER for transaction SE37

Thanks.

Reda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Which security audit log are you using and on which release?

Possibly you are referring to the stat collectors or some "log" which is based on it?

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julius ,

Version : SAP ECC 6.0 ( NetWeaver 7.00)

Kernel release : 700 - Patch level : 254

Basis Support Package level : 18 (SAPKB70018)

The security audit log of interest is the one configured by SM19, and displayed by SM20

Thanks.

Reda

0 Kudos

I had always assumed this log to be in the SUBMIT statement, but never used it.

If I remember correctly this is recorded it the runtime submit, so it should be there.

Perhaps it is only in selected reports? I will check in my system.

Please compare with sm20n and run the report from sa38. The submits are different in sa38 etc compared to se38.

The FM will only be recorded it it has a destination extention in the source system which is mostly remote. Local fm calls are not recorded for sure.

Cheers,

Julius

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jul 26, 2011 11:32 PM